Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
As of now I’m thinking of going to alphaspeed as it’s local and I can get it custom tuned. Don’t care much for pop and bang, as Bsbullie said there’s really no benefits. Does anyone know what the stock intercooler is good up to? whp wise?

·
Registered
784 Posts
As of now I’m thinking of going to alphaspeed as it’s local and I can get it custom tuned. Don’t care much for pop and bang, as Bsbullie said there’s really no benefits. Does anyone know what the stock intercooler is good up to? whp wise?

Watch and listen, Alpha will give you the same direction as I did,..guaranteed. Yes custom would be better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Watch and listen, Alpha will give you the same direction as I did,..guaranteed. Yes custom would be better.
Well turns out Alphaspeed can’t tune an automatic 2.0 bk2... that’s what I got from both alphaspeed and alphaspeed central Texas...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well turns out Alphaspeed can’t tune an automatic 2.0 bk2... that’s what I got from both alphaspeed and alphaspeed central Texas...
Well call BTR Chicago. They did my 3.8 Turbo conversion with the 8AT tune to go with it. Funny thing is I got everything finished, then inquired if I would brenefit from a custom tweak. They told me Nope,..you are good to go.

Now they have different 2.0 T stage packages, so to your initial query..... they have very specific equpiment recommendations for every stage level. They CAN and have great experience with the trans tunes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well call BTR Chicago. They did my 3.8 Turbo conversion with the 8AT tune to go with it. Funny thing is I got everything finished, then inquired if I would brenefit from a custom tweak. They told me Nope,..you are good to go.

Now they have different 2.0 T stage packages, so to your initial query..... they have very specific equpiment recommendations for every stage level. They CAN and have great experience with the trans tunes.
Was hoping not driving a full day or two round trip. Or did you do the turbo conversion yourself with the canned tune?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Was hoping not driving a full day or two round trip. Or did you do the turbo conversion yourself with the canned tune?
You will have to send them both your ECM/TCU. Or you can purchase both new. They get sent to/come from Korea. In your case you will find out all the rquired stuff to do for whatever stage you decide on. Send them your originals or order new. While thatsbeing done install all your bolt on upgrades.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts