Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured i'd try to get a sticky going with the collection of dyno's spread across a bunch of threads.Specially with all the claimed upcoming dyno's in the next few weeks. Would be to get them all organized in 1 area.

Try to give as much information as you can about your dyno run. If there was problems? How many runs? Etc Etc

I'll start.

Hp - 256.82 , Tq - 213.37

1.Dyno = Dynojet
2.Gear = 4th (would get better if i did 5th)
3.Temp = 67 Degrees
4.Elevation (for those that really care ) = ~1050 feet (320 m)
5.Mods - Agency Cat back,K&N filter,Under drive pulley.

Did 3 runs, torque numbers honestly don't look right so will be redoing my baseline on another dyno this weekend.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Here's mine on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, me and chem are a few horsepower lower than out dyno jet run and it was expected.

But if you notice in my first dyno my torque was drastically lower low-mid range with no changes made since that dyno.

your gonna see a noticeable change in dyno types.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of us are pretty close to the Atlanta area

·
Registered
337 Posts
Chem I really wish I would have been able to stay in GA longer so I could have dyno'd with you. Our cars will be fairly comparable in the next month or so... My setup will be an AEM CAI the same Magnaflow catback exhaust you have. I'll be dynoing on the only dyno with in 4 hours of where I live so it will just have to do... Honestly I am only doing to ensure all my mods are working together anyway... My plans are next Sunday I'll be doing a baseline, then rushing home installing the AEM. Then I'll drive in a huge circle to let the ECU relearn before I head back to the dyno to get it tested with the Intake on. A few weeks after that I'll be buying buying the exhaust and getting it dyno'd at Aprils local dyno day. Hopefully I'll be at or above what you have... the only differences we will have are the CAI's (which should be only a couple of HP) and the trannies.... so we will see.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
OK I realize different shops and dynos but with the same mods and both on Dyno Dynamics we shouldn't have a 20hp difference. Maybe 6 or 7 but not 20. I gotta convince Afroman or someone else in Savannah to get on Carter racings dyno. i mean it looks like different software versions maybe, but the calibration should be damn near the same right?

if you assume Chem had a baseline near mine 245-250 then with CAI+ Magnaflow dual he picked up anywhere from 10 to 15 hp. but we know the CAI should be good for 15 and the exhaust for 10-15. does the rrm crank pulley affect the power delivery that much?
I'm sure you are aware that you can't just add all of the numbers up, ei. cold air +15, exhaust +10 etc. and expect to see +25 on the dyno..you do know this, correct?

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
the point i was attempting to make was that with the same mods i saw a much larger gain, unless we get on the same exact dyno or the FP baseline is VERY low there shouldn't have been that much of a difference. i assumed two dyno dynamics would be about the same. and as far as adding gains per mod up, i currently have 3 mods on the car and have seen a 33 hp increase:dunno:. i expected over 20 but not over 30.
Your numbers are very high. The torque alone is, how shall I say this, is off the charts. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just got back from my dyno will post sheet later but my #'s on a Dynojet were HP 248.16 and TQ 251.76.
That's with the SRI,Magnaflow exhaust,an the NSPP in.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I just got back from my dyno will post sheet later but my #'s on a Dynojet were HP 248.16 and TQ 251.76.
That's with the SRI,Magnaflow exhaust,an the NSPP in.
You should take off the NSPP and redyno it. I would hazard a guess that your numbers will be higher until RRM comes out with the fix for the NSPP. It's actually weird that your torque is higher than your horsepower.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys,

Here's the baseline dyno of our race car with head work and headers. We're throwing in a beefier engine in 2 weeks! Hope for new #s soon. I'll post vids as well.

277whp w/268wtrq

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice low end-mid range power from that headwork and headers.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should take off the NSPP and redyno it. I would hazard a guess that your numbers will be higher until RRM comes out with the fix for the NSPP.
+1

It's actually weird that your torque is higher than your horsepower.
+2

Curious to see your power curve compared to everyone else.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Knight, what type/brand of dyno was that done on?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At :20 Almost looks like 1,141.6 lbs at 4k lmfao.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts