Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I wouldnt say lower power, it does seem to have increased in the lower range, but yeah peak power is lower. Ive always felt from the butt dyno that the ark exhaust made my car slower... But i just cant bring myself to take it off, sounds too good. Ill have to get my base run file from hp solutions so i can plot that ontop if this graph, as it looks like i lost torque

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did a couple pull on the dyno today and heres the end result

IMG_5999.jpg picture by 38KDMCOUPE - Photobucket

It was 29c and 71% humidity and the pulls were made on a dynojet with no fan to help the CAI

MODS: SFR Tune
ARK Performance Headers, DP's, Test pipes, and Grip CBE
Injen CAI

·
Sr. Lifetime Prem. Member
428 Posts
My Dyno Results....finally!

Dyno results from back in April @ a Dyno Day I attended:

I noticed reading the other posts those that had higher numbers were running headers or test pipes (no catalytic converter) which I can't do since I'm here in California; but have a few more minor "tricks" up my sleeve to try and reach that 300+ point! :gc-drool1: :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
So basically the tune didn´t do much compared to the initial figures released by BTRcc?

I thought the AFR should look better? :dunno:
Well there is hp/tq gain in the midrange and the power band is smooth... Throttle response is improved, and i love the 7200 redline, probably my fav.

Yes the afr seems to be untuned, me and BTRcc are working on that... Great service so far.

Also the dyno i did my orig baseline on is very generous on numbers, this one wasnt that much. But i set out to test the tune, not to see how much hp my car makea as there were too many variables that were not consistent with the base run such as temp/humidity and dyno location.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Id also like to add that doing a dyno pull with afr and sending it in along with your ecu order, would be beneficial to the tuner and help with the overall result.

·
DA KID
429 Posts
Just got my 3.8 gt dyno today and it was putting down 267whp and 251 torque with my injen cbe and r2c intake.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well there is hp/tq gain in the midrange and the power band is smooth... Throttle response is improved, and i love the 7200 redline, probably my fav.

Yes the afr seems to be untuned, me and BTRcc are working on that... Great service so far.

Also the dyno i did my orig baseline on is very generous on numbers, this one wasnt that much. But i set out to test the tune, not to see how much hp my car makea as there were too many variables that were not consistent with the base run such as temp/humidity and dyno location.
Any updates? From that dyno it seems the enhanced throttle response is responsible for people feeling the car as more powerful?

·
, brlrlrlrlrlrlattt
328 Posts
Just got my 3.8 gt dyno today and it was putting down 267whp and 251 torque with my injen cbe and r2c intake.
is that A/T?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Custom tune done by BTRcc :) and it was freaking hot :(

·
DA KID
429 Posts
just dyno on mustang today and got 233whp and 218 torque... 14.5% drop from dynojet

·
1 Slow GC
220 Posts
just dyno on mustang today and got 233whp and 218 torque... 14.5% drop from dynojet

That is normal and why I use a hub dyno for correct results.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Going from canned BTR tune to custom BTR tune.

Very happy with the midrange gains. Probably dyno could have read higher if it wasn't so freaking HOT.

Mods; r2c intake, P2R throttle body spacer, ARK downpipes, test pipes and grip catback.

Sent from my HTC EVO using the AutoGuide.com App.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Once again we see that canned tunes are a rip off for the 3.8. Custom is the way to go.

261 - 280 of 310 Posts