·
Go Hyundai!
1,009 Posts
There's one guy that has like 150k+ It's in his sig

·
2010 Bathurst Black 2.0T
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dammit...what kind of commute does that guy have???LOL Clearly not that many of us get that high mileage.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,086 Posts
He was repairing retail POS systems and had to drive all over Houston, if you know Houston at all that can rack up the miles.

He also drives all over Texas for all of the SFR tuning events, etc, etc.

·
Go Hyundai!
1,009 Posts
Dammit...what kind of commute does that guy have???LOL Clearly not that many of us get that high mileage.
I only go in to work 4 days a week (I work from home on Fridays), and just driving back and forth to work is about 18-20,000 miles a year for me. I also like to take a lot of trips. I got rid of my '06 Elantra GT in '12 with 180k miles on it, and when I got my '14 Gen, I traded in my '13 Elantra GT with 20k miles on it. My '14 Gen I got in July is approaching 10k miles now. So between 2006 and today I have driven 210k miles on my Hyundais. And I also own a pickup and an SUV which I drive on the weekends lol. My Suburban just hit 150k miles this week and my Pickup is at 80k miles.

It's not hard to rack up miles.

·
Orange Fogs
548 Posts
142,000 km

commutes ~1000km per week

·
13' GRAN PREMIO GRY TRACK
669 Posts
61K on my 2013 bought it Oct 2012

·
My mistress is a GC!!
1,053 Posts
He was repairing retail POS systems and had to drive all over Houston, if you know Houston at all that can rack up the miles.

He also drives all over Texas for all of the SFR tuning events, etc, etc.
In addition, AFAIK he has made it to every "Tail of the Dragon" trip since the beginning of it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm sitting at about 92,5xx miles right now. I started taking a lot of weekend road trips about 1.5 years ago. Otherwise, my daily commutes have been very short. 12 miles round trip at my last job, and 6 miles round trip at my current job I started almost 2 months ago. So most of my miles have been from having fun :). I think during this calendar year, I will have put on about 35-40k miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2010 Bathurst Black 2.0T
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL Glad to see it's not just me. Granted 97% of my mileage came from just my work commute. I hardly even drive my car on the weekends. I'm totally stock as I just couldn't justify modding a car that will eclipse 150k in 3 years.

I'd be curious to know what kind of "longevity" issues Wild Bill has racked up. Other than the usual first-run quirks and the common trans issue, my car has been a complete tank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My old tib lasted 147k, I'm hoping to surpass that in the gen. So far 49k.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I feel so loved lol. Check the sig for more info.

My first was heavily modded and went through several different setups before I parted out most of it for a more precise setup on the new one.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I'd be curious to know what kind of "longevity" issues Wild Bill has racked up. Other than the usual first-run quirks and the common trans issue, my car has been a complete tank.
Honestly even with heavy modding, lots of commuting, track weekends, and road trips, I never really had any huge issues. My transmission was bullet proof and still is running the original one. Never had a grind to it. I replaced the clutch near the end, but found the problem was more the throw out bearing and the clutch material still had life after 125k of use. I still have it in my garage as a spare. The things I did have to replace were as follows:

1) A/C Compressor 90k (outside of warranty)
2) Timing chain tensioners 130k (outside of warranty - turned out to be a CVVT cam gear issues that was found just before trading it in)
3) 2 ECUs 40k and 130k (one defective under warranty, the other blew at the Dragon for no good read that I had to cover due to being outside warranty)
4) All 4 wheel bearings around 120K (most likely due to racing I did)

Other than that, no real issues.

·
R-Spec Racer
62 Posts
409k miles

Ok, so that's in my Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins truck. Purchased it in 2005 with 63k miles on the clock. I was self employed for a while and put a lot of miles on it then. Plus, I use it to go anywhere. It's been the absolute most reliable vehicle ever. I figure it's just now approaching the halfway mark.

The Gen only has 3600 something. It probably won't ever see 100k as it's my second car.

I am impressed to see people hit the magic number though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts