Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
If your looking at a Stage 1 Canned tune and order it online, can you write the security code/vin code on it there or do I still need to send it away and wait 3 weeks?????????

Duro

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For pre-tuned ECU you either ship & wait, or give them your VIN & buy a 2nd ECU if you absolutely cannot have any downtime.

Or just sign up to a tuning event and get a proper tune for your mods. In & out in a couple hours, no downtime + best tune for your mods.

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

Looks like Aug 12th weekend is getting locked down.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't get it. When I spoke to btr last week they said they had already come to Toronto back in May and that was it for the year. Who i s doing the tuning?

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't get it. When I spoke to btr last week they said they had already come to Toronto back in May and that was it for the year. Who i s doing the tuning?
send a note to Anthony @ 10fintec for clarification - I'm not aware if BTR USA is coming back up or if someone local is doing the work.

·
Licenced Tech
372 Posts
If your looking at a Stage 1 Canned tune and order it online, can you write the security code/vin code on it there or do I still need to send it away and wait 3 weeks?????????

Duro
Just saw this Duro but if you get stuck I can write VIN and Program immobilizer to a black ECU ;)

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
Just saw this Duro but if you get stuck I can write VIN and Program immobilizer to a black ECU ;)
I haven't ordered anything yet, but I will be interested next spring when I take the car out of storage.

Just trying to minimize the down time that's all, don't mind driving an hour to Toronto to see the dyno day, and get it written then as well. Just saves everyone's shipping, and added steps.

I may also look into getting a clone GDS, i'd be curious to know if that could write the Vin on it as well or not.

Duro

·
Licenced Tech
372 Posts
I haven't ordered anything yet, but I will be interested next spring when I take the car out of storage.

Just trying to minimize the down time that's all, don't mind driving an hour to Toronto to see the dyno day, and get it written then as well. Just saves everyone's shipping, and added steps.

I may also look into getting a clone GDS, i'd be curious to know if that could write the Vin on it as well or not.

Duro
Lets pull that primary and Go stage 2 at least! you know you want too ;)

As for clone GDS i'm not sure for the Genesis but I've seen one on a Forte and it seemed fully featured ( I never checked out every feature though), It ran the latest tranny update no problem.

You will also need the Immobilizer PIN if you going to do that yourself. It's on the dealer build sheet ,which you can get if you prove your the original owner for the dealer (Some dealers are funny about this but should give it to you no problem)

But it really is easy to do it if you just get a pretuned BTR ecu and don't want to go to the event to have them transfer it.

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
Lets pull that primary and Go stage 2 at least! you know you want too ;)

As for clone GDS i'm not sure for the Genesis but I've seen one on a Forte and it seemed fully featured ( I never checked out every feature though), It ran the latest tranny update no problem.

You will also need the Immobilizer PIN if you going to do that yourself. It's on the dealer build sheet ,which you can get if you prove your the original owner for the dealer (Some dealers are funny about this but should give it to you no problem)

But it really is easy to do it if you just get a pretuned BTR ecu and don't want to go to the event to have them transfer it.
We have emissions tests in Ontario every 2 years.................Not interested in swapping exhaust every couple years to keep the government nannies happy. If the scrap the E test system, I would have no problem going full Haltech and replace the turbo, full tune, etc.

Sadly, I doubt that will happen, to many trendy Eco Hippies in Toronto that vote Liberal.

I like the car how it is, and I've got the suspension, chassis and understated look the way I like it.................Just looking for a small bump in power to make it more enjoyable. As a Tech by trade, I have no problem writing Vin's, doing updates or ECU stuff. Just don't want to buy a $200 paper weight, if it won't write the ECU.

Duro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts