Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rolled over 1100 km, and my brakes feel extremely crappy. When I apply the brakes, they groan and grind, sending a strong vibration back through the brake pedal. Reminds me of my truck when I had no pad left, and it was metal on metal. Its almost as if there is a glaze over the pad…
*Note, this is a 2.0t, no brembos.

Anyone else have any similar problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha Thankyou! I joined before I got my black Genesis in 2010, and every time I had any questions, I would usually find my answer on here without having to ask thanks to *Search*. Seems that I am a first for this problem.
Now I have a 2013 White 2.0t, and the shifter is loose(I'm going to let the dealership fix that, give em something to do) & the brakes feel like crap. (calling tomorrow)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for this link, That seemed to help out. I greatly appreciate your help. I forgot to note that I almost had to hit the brakes hard a few days ago because of Bambi's mom.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,077 Posts
Glad it helped, you can do that any time your brake start to shudder or feel off, just be sure it's not actually time to change them out, but it sounds like avoiding the deer may have thrown them out of whack, that happened with my factory brakes too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts