Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was wondering if someone on here can help me figure this out. I have been able to come across a 2013 3.8 GT LSD and I was wondering if I would be able to directly swap it in my 2012 2.0t Premium... I am not very mechanically inclined, I have read a few posts on here and I am still not sure if it is do-able or if the ratios will be wrong or effect my tune or drive-ability. I am currently running a custom BTR tune on my car, and was just wondering if there is any issues with this swap or what I will need in order to do it... I have a few mechanically inclined friends and we want to try and get it done in a weekend if possible... But want to make sure that it will work before attempting it and ripping it apart to find it is not going to work... Please any info would be muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Yes, all coupe rear dif are interchangeable.
Gear ratio is diferent, if you are on stock turbo, 3.8 dif will hinder your accelaration ( unless you will swap out internals - put LSD in your diferential)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: shorttrack

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, all coupe rear dif are interchangeable.
Gear ratio is diferent, if you are on stock turbo, 3.8 dif will hinder your accelaration ( unless you will swap out internals - put LSD in your diferential)
But if you are using the internals of the LSD in my diff, wouldnt the gearing be the same since it is all of the internals of the 3.8? Or you mean changing out some of the internals to be able to achieve the gearing? I am not sure what you mean from that or where to get parts for the internals that wont be as much as just buying the diff for my car? Sorry I am pretty new to this. I am on stock turbo and just a tune on my car with a few bolt ons.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If you swap complete dif as a unit, you will change gearing.
You can opt out to keep gearing the same by changing LSD part by itself, but there is alot more work to get it done right....making sure all mashes well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts