Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys! I recently purchased an 8AT '16 3.8 Ultimate a little over a month ago and am loving the car! Purchased with 32k miles on it. Coming from a G35 coupe 6MT to this, I am surprised at how much more power this car puts down!

I installed an ISR Racing Catback (No muffler) exhaust the other day, and I can't get over the sound of it. I left the resonators that were on the stock, and also did not touch the cats. It is very loud but also sounds really good in my opinion, I definitely recommend as I'm sure you all have seen already... Anyways, I actually feel a slight decrease in power after installing this exhaust...Any thoughts or ideas? Do I need to reset the ECU? I remember having to do that on my G35 after throwing a catback on it..

Also, has anyone ever experienced a vibration or rub from the rear while accelerating and taking a relatively sharp turn? Also happens when I pull into my fairly steep driveway (Feels like only 1 rear tire is getting traction, the other spins a bit). I noticed it when test driving, and have since turned off traction control and the stability control, and it seems to have gotten rid of the issue... Anyhow, I'm curious if anyone has ever experienced this issue and if I should be concerned.

Plans:

Intake
Exhaust ✓
Tune
Coilovers
Wheels
Forced induction??:surprise:

I am very happy to be here! Enjoy a ricer fly-by my friend took immediately after I installed my exhaust! >:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks and sounds great! If I were you I'd expedite the process for buying wheels and a (if you don't care about the warranty) tune. The OEM wheels are heavy as hell, so getting lighter ones is really gonna help. The tune wakes up the car so much. Throttle response is years better, and the power gains are definitely there, even on a 3.8. The exhaust shouldn't have caused any power loss, though. When I swapped mine out of my 2015 3.8 R-Spec the single y-pipe looked horribly restrictive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks and sounds great! If I were you I'd expedite the process for buying wheels and a (if you don't care about the warranty) tune. The OEM wheels are heavy as hell, so getting lighter ones is really gonna help. The tune wakes up the car so much. Throttle response is years better, and the power gains are definitely there, even on a 3.8. The exhaust shouldn't have caused any power loss, though. When I swapped mine out of my 2015 3.8 R-Spec the single y-pipe looked horribly restrictive.
Thanks Conor! Yes, I plan on getting some Enkei's within the next month!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts