Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0T A/T I had my car for about 6 months now and I realized when I first brought it home from the dealership on a full tank I had 375. 2nd time I filled it up myself I had 350, 3rd time 350 again. I drive 70% in the city and 30% on the highway. I don't drive my car hard unless i'm in a hurry or someone wants to race. Usually I drive 30 - 40 in the city and on highway 70 - 80 with cruise control on.

Now on a full tank of gas I get about 160! It's driving me nuts I fill my car up 3 - 4 times a week driving back and forth to work and school. I called the dealership and they said nothing is wrong it's the way I drive the car and I explained I don't beat the **** outta it. Is there any way I can reset anything? And if so can you explain the steps thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Check your o2 sensor (pre-cat), if your getting a bad reading your car could literally pour fuel in..

·
Registered
334 Posts
look around the forums theres a tonn of threads on this issue.
as for reseting anything. you can reset the ecu by pulling the negative plug off your battery for a few mins. prob wont change anything though.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
look around the forums theres a tonn of threads on this issue.
as for reseting anything. you can reset the ecu by pulling the negative plug off your battery for a few mins. prob wont change anything though.
This X10000

2.0T 5AT gets horrible mileage. Im used to seeing 22-23mpg city in my 6MT. Driving my wifes 5AT this week and can't even break 19mpg. If I drove it like I drove mine I'd probably be getting 15mpg.

02 sensors, "breaking the engine in", or other suggestions won't do any good. It's a highly inefficient setup with the 2.0T and A5SR1 transmission. Gonna have to live with it or trade it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts