Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking of being connected, I have a question for you.

I'm thinking of trying to stuff a 305 or 315 (40/18 or 35/18) under the rear fenders ( I figure I'll have to pull a little, no worries there) and I was wondering what the narrowest wheel you think I could effectively mount them on and also what tires you recommend that come in that size, and also a decent size for the front, but on a 17 wheel. (something in the 235/50/17ish range)

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Thank you for the post here.

Do you have any suspension mods? Which model GenCoupe do you have?

The fitment you requested is aggressive but is do able.

We look forward to your response.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I want to know the answer to this also. I have a 2010 gen coupe track model and I want to know the smallest wheel that I can fit over stock brembo calipers. This info will be used later for running street radial drag tires.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have coilovers in my garage that are not yet installed, but I plan on maintaing as close to stock height as possible.
I also have adjustable camber arms, and a rear sway bar that are not yet installed.
Model is 2.0 Track, but fitment should be the same regardless?

Edit: Brembos, somewhat important I guess.
Edit:Thanks Jules.. lol

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
You should be able to make a 305 width tire fit, specifically size 305/35-18. The 315 width will be pushing it IMO fitment wise.

If you run the 305/35-18 size, the minimum recommended rim wdith is 10". That being said, a 10" wide wheel with around a +35 to +40mm offset should do the trick.

In the 305/35-18 size however, the only tire models available are competition based. I'm not sure if this is what you are after but here's what we have to offer.

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

Given that your vehicle needs to maintain around 3/4" tire height stagger, I recommend running tire size 245/45-17 in the front (assuming you run the 305/35-18 size in the rear).

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
+40 will rub at stock hight ans stock alignment settings with a 295... At +35 you will have a few mm of clearance, with a 305 and a +35 wheel it'll likely rub.....
Been there done that, I'm running a 295/35 on a 18x10x+36, and I had to clearance the upper shock mount to clear

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^Yeah, I was thinking closer to +30, for my konigs I was running 285/40/18+25;
But those passed the fender just slightly until I increased the camber, which I don't want to do too much.

That's why I added the note that I don't mind pulling the fender, I'm pretty sure it will be necessary by the time you clear the suspension and get a decent level of camber.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Math:
315-245= 70/2=35mm wider tire
+35 stock offset + 10mm (for a +25offset)

Should put me 45mm closer to the fender (will probably exceed the fender)

Did I do that math right?

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually...
If 295+35 is touching, 315 will be 10mm closer to the suspension, so the +25 may or may not be quite enough.

Then again, I'm running on Stance Coilovers, so I'm not sure how that will effect it, I'll have to look into the difference between stock and coils.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^What?
1. I already have wheels picked out.
2. those are WAY to narrow to hold 315 tires.
3. evo wheels are too heavy. :)
4. +25 might be too close to the suspension

I think you got the wrong thread.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yes they are too thin for a 315, but that comment was more directed at the guy wanting to put drag radials on his car, and they fit just fine, already been test fitted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts