Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin at a set of 5zigen wheels in this size for drag radials. I need good info from the guys who know wheels. I'm kind of lost in the confusion of offsets and sizes lol. Other offset options are +12 or +25. I figured +25 was close to what most ppl are running. Anyone think they would fit on the back of an r-spec?

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
That should be fine. As long as you stick to 285 or thinner on the tires. Probably 275 to be safe.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol. 295 is the target

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long as the wheel fits I will make the tire fit.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
295 might hit the strut at that offset. There may be someone with direct experience that can chime in. But I think that's pushing it. On the other hand, you could get them and use spacers to dial it in, if you are ok with that.

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Won't hit the Strut, but if you hit any bumps it will hit the quarter panel... I'm running 295/35/18 Drag Radials on and 18x10+36 and clear everything but on the street when i hit a sharp bump the drivers side rubs a bit inside the wheel well.

BTW, Nice time Surfmavrik, Now hurry the hell up and get into the twelves....

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx xs!! Looks like you are runnin bfg drags? I was going to go with those in that size but I can't get the wheels I want in time for winter temps to still be around here. I don't mind a little rubbing. I'm going to cut and clearance what I can and need to to fit some good tire under the car. Hopefully here in the next few weeks I'll have some good times to report!!

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Surf, are you lowered (or going to be?) coils or springs?

My 285/40/18 on 9.5+25 fit fine on both stock suspension and ARK coils

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No and no. I will get coil overs later in the build but ride height will stay about the same. I am more worried about the wheels fitting over the brembos more than in the fender. At this point I am either going with a 275/40/17 or a 295/45/17. I'm I. The middle of some math to see what tire height will put me in the sweet spot at the traps. Thank you guys for the info so far!!

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Won't hit the Strut, but if you hit any bumps it will hit the quarter panel... I'm running 295/35/18 Drag Radials on and 18x10+36 and clear everything but on the street when i hit a sharp bump the drivers side rubs a bit inside the wheel well.
Do you have any pics of this setup?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i had a little change of plans. 17x8 +25 offset. Fits well and has more clearance than I thought it would.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
x8? wtf?

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
^lightweight.

Also.. I like the look [flame_sheild="true"]

·
'11 R-SPEC & '95 S14
205 Posts
I'm riding on a 10 inch wheel with a 275/45 and I think its to much sidewall on the wheel.

I'd rock like a 255/40 and stretch it, but thats the look I like.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
17 cuz of weight and ability to have more side wall. These are for the track and drag radials. Some sidewall is a good thing in drag racing. The x8 was a recommendation from a guy who knows an s ton about drag racing. With the tire I'm going to run it should be a little under square. It should squish on the launch and then expand when I'm at higher speeds. With this theory in place I should get the best results from the combo and overall setup. I'll post more pix when I get the tires and info after a night at the track.

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good xs!! My tires will be 275/40/17. They are almost an inch shorter than the stock rears. That should put me right at the top of fourth gear without shifting into fifth and a little more thrust down the track. Tires will be in this weekend or Monday. I will mount them up on Monday and take pix then. Wednesday I am going to the track for a shake down and then the next cold front we get if we get one I'll be out shooting for the twelves and tryin not to break axles lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts