Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vroom Vroom...
1,088 Posts
I'm also looking to do 18x9 or 18x9.5 all around, but haven't found anybody with that setup yet.
I had that on my old car. 18x9.5 +20 offset.

Flush i the back and stuck out a little in the front when lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

·
Registered
951 Posts
anybody have 18x9 all around?
I would not advise a square set-up on the Genesis Coupe. Try to get a staggered set of wheels. Perhaps 18x9 and 18x9.5, or 18x9.5 and 18x10.5. Some people with square setups all the way around have had issues with their cars traction control system and other things as well.

Why would the traction control have issues?
Because both tires are the same size, they are spinning at the same speed.
Stock, they spin at slightly different speeds (ID).

The traction control is looking for the speeds of the Stock tire sizes.
I don't think it's necessarily the stock size tires that the traction control is looking for, but most likely a staggered setup because that's what the traction control is calibrated for on these cars.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
I would not advise a square set-up on the Genesis Coupe. Try to get a staggered set of wheels. Perhaps 18x9 and 18x9.5, or 18x9.5 and 18x10.5. Some people with square setups all the way around have had issues with their cars traction control system and other things as well.

Why would the traction control have issues?

I don't think it's necessarily the stock size tires that the traction control is looking for, but most likely a staggered setup because that's what the traction control is calibrated for on these cars.
Correct, its looking for the ratio of speeds between the tires. It needs to maintain the ratio of the stock tires. Regardless of what the actual size of the tires are. Thats what i was trying to say before.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could that issue be resolved by turning off the traction control? I'm looking strictly for an autocross wheel/tire package that I'll only put on for race days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts