Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 16K miles and 1 more autocross left on the stock tires. I'm keeping the stock track rims. I've been reading that everyone likes the Hankook V12. I'm either going to get that or the Conti DW.

I want to get the largest size possible on the stock rim. I will not be lowering and don't want to camber the tire or roll fenders.

275/35r19 rear? and 255/35r19 front? I drive spirited and don't want any rub.

Does anyone have any experience with the Conti DW?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I would recommend Dunlop Direzza Star Specs, Hankook RS3s or Nitto NT05s for very aggressive driving & tracking purposes. These are 3 of the best reasonably priced tires that are street legal, grip VERY well & do OK in the rain.

The Hankook Ventus V12 is an excellent tire for DD use, but you may want something a little more aggressive for track use & that would reduce your need for going with wider tires. But if you still plan to go wider, the sizes you listed are about as wide as you can go on stock rims I would suspect. Although you may want to use the tire calculator to confirm that. You should have no issues with those sizes rubbing since I've seen plenty of members with wider tires on wider rim on a dropped car w/o rubbing issues.

I've never run continentals, so couldn't help you on their performance.

·
BLK N YLW
526 Posts
I have the Conti DWS Tires, only difference is mine are the all season version. So far I love them.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Go with the Ventus V12. Please.

Best tires I've ever had that perform well both on the street and (decently) for track purposes. And they look sexy too

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the V12 for 685.17 shipped. Feb 12 is autocross and after that I'm getting them mounted.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
I've had a very good experience with the Continental DW's. They grip better and are much quieter then the OEM tires (less road noise). Also perform better in the rain.

·
Banned
924 Posts
I would recommend Dunlop Direzza Star Specs, Hankook RS3s or Nitto NT05s for very aggressive driving & tracking purposes. These are 3 of the best reasonably priced tires that are street legal, grip VERY well & do OK in the rain.

The Hankook Ventus V12 is an excellent tire for DD use, but you may want something a little more aggressive for track use & that would reduce your need for going with wider tires. But if you still plan to go wider, the sizes you listed are about as wide as you can go on stock rims I would suspect. Although you may want to use the tire calculator to confirm that. You should have no issues with those sizes rubbing since I've seen plenty of members with wider tires on wider rim on a dropped car w/o rubbing issues.

I've never run continentals, so couldn't help you on their performance.

RS3 dont have tires that fit the stock track rims.Star specs dont come in 19"
Nt05 best tire to put on a 19" track width rim as long as you dont plan on dd when the temps come close to freezing, they will crack.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tires-easy.com

I just got the stock size and if I like the way they perform I'll go wider when it's time to replace again.

where did you buy them at ?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
RS3 dont have tires that fit the stock track rims.Star specs dont come in 19"
Nt05 best tire to put on a 19" track width rim as long as you dont plan on dd when the temps come close to freezing, they will crack.
Thanks, I hadn't researched replacements for my OEM 19s, only my 18" race wheels.

I haven't owned the StarSpecs, but have heard nothing but rave reviews from those that I have spoken to that have used them for track/street.

The NT05s I had on my bimmer I loved & never experienced any cracking issues, but I live in the deep south.

The RS3s I have now seem to grip a little better than the NT05s, but don't do quite as good in the rain.

The Ventus v12s that are currently on my brother's 3.8 Track handle very well for a more DD type of tire, have a smooth ride & are fairly quiet to boot.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I got the V12 for 685.17 shipped. Feb 12 is autocross and after that I'm getting them mounted.
where did you buy them at ?
tires-easy.com

I just got the stock size and if I like the way they perform I'll go wider when it's time to replace again.
$672 shipped from Discount Tire Direct for the V12s in the stock 19" sizes. Just an FYI for anyone looking to buy these and support a vendor here. I love these guys, first vendor I've seen to offer free shipping to Canada. ;)

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

1 - 13 of 13 Posts