Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
depends if ur going low or not.. my 9.5 is et 15 to make it close to flush on the fender and doesnt rub. tires are 245 35 19 and i have no finger gap. fenders are rolled tho.. research tires too some are wider than others. just to give u an idea.

·
Registered
185 Posts
just a note 9.5 for most avant gardes are not really concave. u need 10 width for tht.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a note 9.5 for most avant gardes are not really concave. u need 10 width for tht.
If you click the link from my first post, the white car has concave front wheels and at the bottom it says he's on 19x9.5 which is what kinda got me excited about it. :)

If I do any drop at all it would just be the H&R sport springs. 1-1.5 inch mild drop. I just don't want rubbing sounds when I crank the wheel. You think 9.5" on that drop would be okay?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
@Aval0n It seem slike hes running some negative camber up front. Keep in mind though he is running coils so he's a lot lower than you will be with the H&R drop. A 9.5 up front will be no issue as long as you're running the proper offsets and tires. What @tova86 mentioned is correct. There are a few manufacturers that although tire size might be the same, they tend to be wider. Michelin, and BFG are a few.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Aval0n It seem slike hes running some negative camber up front. Keep in mind though he is running coils so he's a lot lower than you will be with the H&R drop. A 9.5 up front will be no issue as long as you're running the proper offsets and tires. What @tova86 mentioned is correct. There are a few manufacturers that although tire size might be the same, they tend to be wider. Michelin, and BFG are a few.
Yeah it's a lot to take in.. the guy from Avant Garde says I might need some negative camber up front with the 9.5... I'm really hoping to avoid that.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Yeah it's a lot to take in.. the guy from Avant Garde says I might need some negative camber up front with the 9.5... I'm really hoping to avoid that.
What offsets are you planning on running?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What offsets are you planning on running?
Honestly I just want as close to flush as possible without causing my vehicle issues. According to the wheel fitment guide 19x9.5+22 would provide this in front and 19x10.5+22 in the back as well.

***Also I totally would rock the 8.5" fronts... but the wheels would be flat with no concave. the 9.5"s are concave and would match much better.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Honestly I just want as close to flush as possible without causing my vehicle issues. According to the wheel fitment guide 19x9.5+22 would provide this in front and 19x10.5+22 in the back as well.

***Also I totally would rock the 8.5" fronts... but the wheels would be flat with no concave. the 9.5"s are concave and would match much better.
:bigthumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
depends if ur going low or not.. my 9.5 is et 15 to make it close to flush on the fender and doesnt rub. tires are 245 35 19 and i have no finger gap. fenders are rolled tho.. research tires too some are wider than others. just to give u an idea.
Do brembos matter if you’re running those numbers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts