Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after many hours reading and searching before making my 1st thread. I think I have a plan for making my mods.

1st mods
K&N intake
TurboXS CB
Synapse BOV

That should keep me entertained for awhile.

After that I'll probably go TBE and have the bung put in for the WB.

Here is where I'm looking for some advice... Should I go with the CMD and have it tuned locally (down in Miami) or should I go with a tune from maybe BR??

I really don't want to have the CEL on with an O2 code, if I do decide to remove the cat or just go with a hi-flo. So far what I'm understanding is the CMD will not be able to correct the CEL only an ECU reflash will correct that?

Any ideas' or suggestions would be awesome.

·
Registered
504 Posts
reserch it more and make up your own mind... very controversial

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
It wont correct the CEL, it'll disable it and any other CEL u might have in the future. Very dangerous if the CEL goes on for something else and u wont know because it's disabled.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
It wont correct the CEL, it'll disable it and any other CEL u might have in the future. Very dangerous if the CEL goes on for something else and u wont know because it's disabled.
I think your talking about the PA module's ability to disable CELs. It does not turn off all CELs, the tuner has the ability to disable individual codes.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Please explain this so called danger?
AFAIK, the 'check engine' light is only used for emissions related alerts, and isn't going to alert you to anything that really matters anyways, especially if you do have a professional tune and monitor your boost and afr readings regularly (most likely by having a mounted gauge tha tyou can always see while driving..)

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
When ur CEL is flashing that pretty much tells u ur misfire, rich/lean, or timing. I personally wouldn't want to mess with the CEL if I don't have the right gauges in my car to show me these problems if u disable the CEL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the comments everyone!!

after a few hours reading up on the subject. i'm leaning towards the CMD with the WB2. you should have a WB installed with any tune so why not get one that works directly with the CMD?? the software doesn't seem too difficult to pick up and the auto tune will help keep the a/f ratio's dialed in. as for the CEL im thinking of just going with a catted DP. looks like the gains from going with no cat just don't seem to be worth it, for those of us that don't want to have the CEL light on at all times.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
If you switch to a high flow cat you still may get a CEL because the sensors are still not seeing what they think they should see since it flows more than stock. I'd it's a pretty small chance but there are a few people with cels with high flow cats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you switch to a high flow cat you still may get a CEL because the sensors are still not seeing what they think they should see since it flows more than stock. I'd it's a pretty small chance but there are a few people with cels with high flow cats.
Yeah thats what I'm getting from the high flow. I'll have to wait and see when it really comes time to make a choice. I'm just really looking forward to starting up with the mods. Can't wait!!!

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
I been running a hiflow cat for just about a year on a cp-e dp and never gotten a CEL.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
CMD is better if you know what your doing.

Custom BR Reflash is better if you'd rather just pay to get it done, and be on your way. The canned tune is designed for stock cars, so you'd want a custom tune.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
^Agreed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup it's looking like its going to be the CMD with WB2 for my tunning. This should all be starting around end of the month. Again thanx to everyone for the input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts