Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm new to this forum & also a relatively new genesis owner. Im looking for a new clutch and I'm having a hard time deciding. Im looking at a Spec stage 3 but have heard some pretty bad reviews about spec. So does anyone have an upgraded clutch they would recommend for a 2.0?

Thanks

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
What year do you have? Unless you are making lots of power or just do not want a dual mass flywheel the +'13 OEM style works good they say. Ebay has the deals, look for Valeo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bk1 I have an ISR race cat back, and a k&n typhoon intake. Thinking of converting to a full turbo back when I get my BTR tune

·
The OG Gencoupe Shop
4,589 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, my stage 2 is quite nice, very responsive, and not too bad to daily, although a lot stiffer at first and a bit easier to stall. Breaks in well though. My only complaint is the flywheel noise, but that's just par for the course.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had the stage 2 comp clutch for on mine it was ok just alot stiffer than stock. If I had to do it again I would do what Red suggested. If I was set on upgrading my flywheel as well I would then go with ACT with Fidanza flywheel since the ACT clutches feel similar to stock.

·
The OG Gencoupe Shop
4,589 Posts
I had the stage 2 comp clutch for on mine it was ok just alot stiffer than stock. If I had to do it again I would do what Red suggested. If I was set on upgrading my flywheel as well I would then go with ACT with Fidanza flywheel since the ACT clutches feel similar to stock.
With the Fidanza flywheel it will feel nothing like stock. It will rev and come back down much faster in many times making drivability an issue, we have had feedback on.

·
Registered
434 Posts
With the Fidanza flywheel it will feel nothing like stock. It will rev and come back down much faster in many times making drivability an issue, we have had feedback on.
Oh that may be true, I was mainly referring the the clutch feel of the ACT feeling like the stock clutch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have recently gone through the same process. I went with oem 2013+ flywheel/clutch. If you flywheel is in a good condition, ACT clutch kit is another option, which I almost bought before my missing OEM clutch kit package magically showed up at my door.

I have researched alot but one thing I was not willing to have was all the chatter noise. You can search youtube to find all the sound. It sounds like a dump truck with something broken inside.

Your mileage may differ from everyone else on the chatter but one thing people keep saying is that the SMF will have chatter. Just how much is the question.

If your power goal is nothing over 300hp, you may better be stay with 2013+ OEM flywheel+OEM clutch or OEM flywheel+Valeo HD combo, just like what Red Raspberry said. If you go with this, Ebay is your friend.

·
The OG Gencoupe Shop
4,589 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Spec? I've heard both really good reviews and really bad reviews.
We ran spec in our race car. Good clutch.

The issue is you have to get the Clutch and their flywheel, so it gets costly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We ran spec in our race car. Good clutch.

The issue is you have to get the Clutch and their flywheel, so it gets costly

Cost isn't too much of an issue for me, I am planning on doing a whole clutch and flywheel kit & am just searching for a good daily setup that can withstand 300+ lbs of torque.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts