Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone, a couple months ago my 2.0t blew. It threw the p0011 and P0012 code, started smoking and then tried to hydro lock on me. I need a new engine but I am having the hardest time finding one. I went to the dealership and they said I need a new engine. They didn’t give me an exact reason why, they said they won’t do deep maintenance they will just remove and replace assembled parts. I can’t find anyone who will dive into it. My money is limited and I need a simple fix. My price range in around 5,000. I don’t want to do a 10k ls swap. I need something simpler. Any ideas?

·
Advenio Pariter
3,964 Posts
P0011 - advanced timing. P0012 - retarded timing. The 2013 has the updated chain. I wonder if you broke a sprocket? Also, by thinking the engine tried to hydrolock itself, where do you think the liquid sourced was coming from to hydrolock it? I am not seeing the connection. As this is an interference engine it sounds like the pistons and valves tried to occupy the same space. That is a good way to trash an engine. If that is the case I would say your engine is gone. You could have small metal bits anywhere.

·
Premium Member
16,119 Posts
P0011 - advanced timing. P0012 - retarded timing. The 2013 has the updated chain. I wonder if you broke a sprocket? Also, by thinking the engine tried to hydrolock itself, where do you think the liquid sourced was coming from to hydrolock it? I am not seeing the connection. As this is an interference engine it sounds like the pistons and valves tried to occupy the same space. That is a good way to trash an engine. If that is the case I would say your engine is gone. You could have small metal bits anywhere.
hydrolocking - OP could have accidentally put in diesel :p

... lack of oil will wear away everything....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts