Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone has ever seen a 2.0T tear down, OR even if this link was ever posted/shared on this site previously...

Anyhow, it's courtesy of another forum (no need to become a member, as the pics do work if just clicking on the below link). It's really interesting to see the tear down pics (more so for the guys who like tearing things apart to see the inner workings) and it's great to see a double roller timing chain rather than a "belt" (= longevity):

PICS: Genesis Coupe 2.0T engine tear down - evolutionm.net

enjoy!

:D

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
We all seen those a year ago considering the pics are from a long respectable vendor (Beyond Redline).

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
We all seen those a year ago considering the pics are from a long respectable vendor (Beyond Redline).
Pretty sure that's the Second engine for BR's now defunct Black GC...

I think they Windowed the block/shredded a piston and rod with their GT3076 setup.

EDIT: I thought I would add the actual pics here instead of cross-linking another forum:

There we go.!!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Pretty sure that's the Second engine for BR's now defunct Black GC...

I think they Windowed the block/shredded a piston and rod with their GT3076 setup.

EDIT: I thought I would add the actual pics here instead of cross-linking another forum:
If I remember correctly, the first engine was to find out where approximately things start getting shaky and they tossed a rod through the block.

This engine created the fireball @ something like 500 whp? Oddly enough Mitsubishi created a recall for the part that was potential root cause, where Hyundai ignored it.

I'm sure BR can chime in with the 'memories'.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
If I remember correctly, the first engine was to find out where approximately things start getting shaky and they tossed a rod through the block.

This engine created the fireball @ something like 500 whp? Oddly enough Mitsubishi created a recall for the part that was potential root cause, where Hyundai ignored it.

I'm sure BR can chime in with the 'memories'.
^^You mean the fuel line fiasco, right? I thought they were only at around ~400WHP, but still, cruel way to go, in a blaze of glory...LOL

Still you can only appreciate the time, money and effort that Beyond Redline put into the 2.0T platform.

I'd like for them to post in this thread with some more concrete info, I'm having a hard time finding the old pics of the thrown rod (read decimated) and everything that followed that incident.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
^^You mean the fuel line fiasco, right? I thought they were only at around ~400WHP, but still, cruel way to go, in a blaze of glory...LOL

Still you can only appreciate the time, money and effort that Beyond Redline put into the 2.0T platform.

I'd like for them to post in this thread with some more concrete info, I'm having a hard time finding the old pics of the thrown rod (read decimated) and everything that followed that incident.
They were at 466 whp which is roughly 550 crank hp.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Msugeoman... Balls!

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
They were at 466 whp which is roughly 550 crank hp.
^^Thanks for the info. So basically they were exactly where MSUGoeman is standing at right now.

No wonder it caught fire, the car's so darn hot...:rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts