Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wife to dinner and a concert and bought her some CD's for our 20th anniversary. SHE gave ME a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T/MT base model. I'm thinking she's a keeper (the wife AND the car)lol. Not knowing much about turbos I probably would have bought the V6 but she felt the 2.0 thing was a fitting representation of 20 years of marriage. The car is a BLAST to drive and after reading for hours on here I see there's alot of horsepower in that motor waiting to be tapped if I ever pursue it. I wont be modding the car for a while though since it has less than 200 miles on it and I need to research what I can change without voiding the warranty. Anyway,this forum has been a treasure chest of info for a total newbie so thanks for the help both past and future.

·
Registered
328 Posts
HOLAYY MOLAYYY you're wife kicks ASS dude! 2.0 for 20 year anniversary? She definitely put some thought into it! Awesome! Welcome aboard! I myself drive a 2.0T and I've done a few things on it already and it still hasn't void any of my warranty. But take your time! No rush! Hope to see you active in the forum!

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Sounds like you got a keeper there! Congrats and welcome aboard. If warranty issues is a big concern for you just get a PowerX module and flash back to stock before taking it in. A retune turns it into a whole different car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yeah, the Little Woman is pretty special. A car certainly beats another tie! She had some guidance from my bro-in-law. He's looking to buy a WRX in the next year or two and I'm pretty sure he made certain I didnt get the same car he did. When he buys it I'll have to think really hard about that 350hp Garret replacement turbo I saw in a couple of threads. In the meantime I'm going to find more info on the PowerX module. It sounds like a good way to "cheat".

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Dang.....i need a new wife...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your 20 years of marriage and being the owner of such a fine car! =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts