Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I drive a 2013 genesis coupe 2.0t with about 65,000 miles. So about a month ago I was driving on the highway trying out my new genesis coupe. The car had been running just fine The whole week. But after about 20 minutes on the highway when I tried to pick up and accelerate, my boost gauge showed I wasn't going past 0psi. The car felt super weak. So I finished the rest of my drive and when I arrived home I took a look around and noticed nothing unusual under the hood. I restarted my car and suddenly it was running just fine so I thought nothing of it. The next day the cars boost wouldn't go past 5psi and the day after that it was working just fine again. Before the incident my vacuum would sit at -15 or the bottom of the gauge now it sits at -8 when I'm idle. ( not sure if that makes a difference) Since then I have had no trouble but I'm starting to notice it doesn't feel as powerful as I think it should. I did a quick 0-60 to see where I stood and it took me just about 8 seconds to get to 60. Compared to the 0-60 times all over the internet being at about 6.0 seconds mine is definitely off. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on something I should check or maybe could help me diagnose my problem? As you can imagine I'm pretty bummed out and nervous. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would suggest a boost leak test and go from there. There's a number of videos on youtube on how to do one. Its pretty easy and doesn't cost much to get the needed hardware. Could be a hose or clamp on one of the hoses somewhere as loosened up a bit over time allowing air to leak out of the intake system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would suggest a boost leak test and go from there. There's a number of videos on youtube on how to do one. Its pretty easy and doesn't cost much to get the needed hardware. Could be a hose or clamp on one of the hoses somewhere as loosened up a bit over time allowing air to leak out of the intake system.
No leaks I got a smoke test done and no vacuum leaks either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts