Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 2.0T Premium (keyless entry/start), just turned 11 years old.

I've seen a number of starting problems on other forums, mostly with the 3.8L variant. This has really been occurring for quite a long time, since very early in its life. I will get in the vehicle (always or almost always it's warm as it's been running for a while - I don't think it's ever occurred cold), and the keyless start will crank but not start - accompanied by the buzzing tone (that typically turns off after a second or two); once I hear the constant buzzing I know it won't start. I try a few more times (2-6 times) and it eventually starts fine. Are the plugs not firing? Are the cylinders not getting fuel injected? Is the crankshaft position synch out of whack? Something else entirely?

Has anyone experienced this, and have any ideas?

Thanks in advance -

- B

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do you have a check engine light or any pending codes? I'd check spark plugs if you think they have over 15k miles on them. Hopefully it's not a fuel system issue you have. Fuel pumps do fail when hot:/

·
Registered
669 Posts
Same thing has been happening on my 2010 2.0t Track for a few years now. Only when hot. I remember threads on the issue but no real resolution from what I recall. I'm at the point where I'm probably going to be replace the fuel pump/filter. No idea if that's the issue or not though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts