Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm the owner of a '94 Suzuki Cappuccino ([email protected]), and am pricing out engine swap ideas. I'm pretty close to grabbing a totalled 2013 coupe 2.0T R-spec mt, and swapping engine/tranny and the entire rear end.

my friend seems to think the wiring will be an absolute nightmare, even as engine swaps tend to go. I'm shooting for stock hp for the swap, 400 ish later. I'm an electrician, and not a botomless pit of money so id like to run both factory ECUs, but if I absolutely need a haltech i could go that route. Anyone ever tried one in conjunction with another ECU?

Other options on the table are k20a2 swap with a ZF trans (i have a zf driveshaft/open diff from a 335i), or SR20 det with 350z trans/rear end (probably too expensive).i hear the 2.0T trans is bulletproof, and fairly small. Also ill need new axels/LSD, I hear 2.0s rear ends are good for 750bhp+?(Everything will need to be shortened of course)

basically just looking for a little more input before I start building final budgets and buying things.

·
Premium Member
16,129 Posts
Not going to pass emissions... if you live in an area that requires that.

Engine being swapped in can't be older than the chassis.
Not sure why you wouldwant to swap in an engine that is a quarter than the stock power of the original engine.

Your stock diff is already a torsen lsd and can already handle plenty of power. the stock diff is known to handle up to 1000hp IIRC.

As for wiring, best to just yank out all the wiring and start making your own harnesses. AFAIK there aren't anything to allows any of the stock body computers to talk to any non matching ECUs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not going to pass emissions... if you live in an area that requires that.

Engine being swapped in can't be older than the chassis.
Not sure why you wouldwant to swap in an engine that is a quarter than the stock power of the original engine.

Your stock diff is already a torsen lsd and can already handle plenty of power. the stock diff is known to handle up to 1000hp IIRC.

As for wiring, best to just yank out all the wiring and start making your own harnesses. AFAIK there aren't anything to allows any of the stock body computers to talk to any non matching ECUs.
no emissions testing here.

the genesis engine is going into the tiny suzuki. Youve got it backwards, perhaps i wasnt very clear out that. I want the genesis guts in the 1600 lbs car.

i am hoping to have the genesis coupe run the engine, and factory ecu ideally being out, but possibly running any essentials if it needs to be. I havnt looked at much it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts