Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2013 Gen coupe 2.0t with 122k miles I've been working on recently. I am getting a P0303 code for cylinder 3 misfire to find out there's actually zero compression in it. I have done compression tests for all other cylinders, and they are also fine. I have changed spark plugs, changed ignition coils, checked wiring harness, checked engine head with a pressure test, and head gasket along with piston rings appear to be alright (However I plan on changing the gasket anyways to an aftermarket due to research and people stating OEM head gaskets from Hyundai blowing). I originally changed my turbo pressure sensors because both were dead (P0238/P0236) from the turbo seal blowing and oil being all inside the tubing to the intercooler and to the intake manifold. I have a new turbo to put in to replace the old one as well due to having a P0234 code as well. However, I am at a loss for what can be the issue because the piston, piston rings, and piston walls appear fine, the gasket looked fine, the valves are all fine, and the head is not damaged. Any other clues of what could be the issue?

203 Posts
That sounds like a headache! Hopefully you can find the issue.
Try a leak down test and see if that shows anything interesting. IDK what comes after that. Maybe use smoke with the leak down and look for it? Anyone else know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts