Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering making a true dual exhaust after the downpipes and I was wondering if anyone has done it before and/or your guy's thought's on it

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
462 Posts
I'd do 2.5

·
Registered
96 Posts
I seen a Youtube where a guy did 2.25" with a small crossflow muffler underneath, then straightpiped out to tips, and it sounded amazing! 2.5 is common, but dual 2.25 is plenty of flow with still having backpressure.I would personally like the crossflow muffler with a pair of Vibrant resonators out back myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seen a Youtube where a guy did 2.25" with a small crossflow muffler underneath, then straightpiped out to tips, and it sounded amazing! 2.5 is common, but dual 2.25 is plenty of flow with still having backpressure.I would personally like the crossflow muffler with a pair of Vibrant resonators out back myself.
Yeah, I plan on doing an H/X pipe at the flanges then an 18" Vibrant bottle resonator immediately after to help kill some drone. I just had never seen anyone talk about it and it makes sense to me as it'll be a daily driver and I'd rather have the low end torque since I DD the car

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been considering making a true dual exhaust after the downpipes and I was wondering if anyone has done it before and/or your guy's thought's on it
Myself also!! Leary of the check engine light. That would bother me. I wonder if u went to cutouts in place of C-converter. With a button it can electrotonically close and open. If u set the cutout to shutoff, then maybe no CELight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Myself also!! Leary of the check engine light. That would bother me. I wonder if u went to cutouts in place of C-converter. With a button it can electrotonically close and open. If u set the cutout to shutoff, then maybe no CELight.
I mean the previous owner had installed test pipes to replace the secondary cats and after driving it 37k miles on them, no cel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts