Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I finally got my bottom-end back from the shop. Still waiting on the head work but the project is making progress. I'll share some progress images and stories as things progress. Though the complete build will likely start after the new year.

Brian Crower Stroker Kit (CP Pistons, 9:1 compression ratio).
Bore: 87mm
Stroke: 98mm
Darton Engine Sleeves

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard mixed things about the BC stroker kit. What made you decide to use it?
I love my car and its not something you see heavily modified too often. Either because they are slammed park and chill cars, blown up, or crashed. I enjoy taking the car to the track and wanted to do something a bit different/unique. I could have put a comically large turbo on and called it a day, but my goal wasn't to be a "dyno-queen" and make big number to inflate my ego.

That said, why did a pick a stroker kit? Simply put math. Also I haven't seen too many people use it. Increase in displacement is more power and larger stroke is more torque which is also power. Combined with the right turbo it should get me to the goal without sacrificing too much responsiveness.

Right now I'm running the stock engine with a Garrett G25-660 turbo @22psi making about 400whp, 330tq. Didn't want to push the torque any higher on stock internals. Its surprisingly responsive already despite its size to the engine. I can comfortably say I feel near stock power at only around 10psi so it doesn't feel sluggish. I'm hoping the increased displacement will drop the spool range a 300-500rpm.

Lastly I had a good coupon for genracer and predicted some supply shortages because of covid. So I sort of took the opportunity to buy everything for a build before things became harder to come by. Then I lost my job mid pandemic so I had to put off the build for a while.

One last thing. The G25-660 is smaller than the GT3076 but flows more (if you believe the compressor maps). A lot in the community seem to have used the GT3076 so I was very interested to try essentially the newer version of it. These numbers are just Garretts advertised values. Based on the compressor map you are probably lucky to hit 600hp, but I'm curious what I'll be able to squeeze out of mine.
GT3076R: 310-525 hp | Displacement 2.0L - 3.5L
G25-660: 350-660 hp | Displacement 1.4L - 3.0L

Didn't mean to give a full story but oh well. Happy to answer any questions.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are you liking the BC stroker kit setup
I'm still waiting on the head work. The build won't truly be coming together until after the new year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts