Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pics of Gencoupes with 20 wheels and tires. I tried searching and it didnt work. Can you please add the name of the wheel and tires specs as well. Thanks Guys and Gals!!!!

·
Banned
720 Posts
What are you talking about don't do it? The car looks sick with 20's.... I think I know what I am doing when I go aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What are you talking about don't do it? The car looks sick with 20's.... I think I know what I am doing when I go aftermarket wheels.
haters hatin...
Everyone says "no dont do it, your car will be so much slower".
Yes, because i daily race my daily driver.... :shake:

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
20's do look good on this car. You need to look no further than NXXTs car to see that.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
haters hatin...
Everyone says "no dont do it, your car will be so much slower".
Yes, because i daily race my daily driver.... :shake:
But you bought a sports car because you enjoy the way it drives correct? We do engine mods because it makes the car more capable and fun to drive for example. Shouldn't drivetrain mods be the same?

Sacrificing significant performance for aesthetic reasons on a car like this is a shame I think. You would be spending $ to actually downgrade performance. WTF? For instance would you pay money for an exhaust system because it looks cool and sounds great if you knew that it actually reduced engine performance and fuel economy? Of course not! But when it comes to rims people do it all of the time w/o even blinking. The performance decrease w/ overweight and oversized wheels is very real. And the performance increase running lightweight and smaller diameter wheels is also very real. The actual difference between a car running a lightweight wheel set up and a heavy set up is actually a very large spread. Stock is in the middle.

When I first began shopping wheels 20"s looked pretty nice because I thought they offered performance advantages. But then I came to recognize that they are simply flashy and are not performance oriented in the least. It really altered my view of them. They now look like they belong on an Escalade to my eyes. All flash, no go.

NXXT, your rims might be slightly lighter (congrats) but your Moment of Inertia most certainly increased meaning it's harder to start and stop your new tire/ wheel combo a spinning. You would notice it by the obvious decrease in acceleration, braking, and general performance that you must have felt. Sometimes we get so excited by new mods (like beautiful new rims) that we might not be able to accurately access performance changes. Also, usually your car looks pretty fly, but in that last photo it looks like the axles are broken!

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
But you bought a sports car because you enjoy the way it drives correct? We do engine mods because it makes the car more capable and fun to drive for example. Shouldn't drivetrain mods be the same?

Sacrificing significant performance for aesthetic reasons on a car like this is a shame I think. You would be spending $ to actually downgrade performance. WTF? For instance would you pay money for an exhaust system because it looks cool and sounds great if you knew that it actually reduced engine performance and fuel economy? Of course not! But when it comes to rims people do it all of the time w/o even blinking. The performance decrease w/ overweight and oversized wheels is very real. And the performance increase running lightweight and smaller diameter wheels is also very real. The actual difference between a car running a lightweight wheel set up and a heavy set up is actually a very large spread. Stock is in the middle.

When I first began shopping wheels 20"s looked pretty nice because I thought they offered performance advantages. But then I came to recognize that they are simply flashy and are not performance oriented in the least. It really altered my view of them. They now look like they belong on an Escalade to my eyes. All flash, no go.

NXXT, your rims might be slightly lighter (congrats) but your Moment of Inertia most certainly increased meaning it's harder to start and stop your new tire/ wheel combo a spinning. You would notice it by the obvious decrease in acceleration, braking, and general performance that you must have felt. Sometimes we get so excited by new mods (like beautiful new rims) that we might not be able to accurately access performance changes. Also, usually your car looks pretty fly, but in that last photo it looks like the axles are broken!
My car drives perfectly fine. It does not feel slow at all. In fact it feels faster than the 3.8s we have at work. He who hasn't done it does not know.

'Stanced/hellaflush' cars don't lose that much performance. The only real reason is from stiffer tires due to stretching. I don't beat on my car or track it, but I will say that my buddy in a 370 was pretty much dead even on my tail and could not pass me on the highway. I rather have a sexy looking car that loses very little performance than a moderately good looking car. I'm in a different scene. All my buddies are stanced, except for my 370z buddie :rofl:, in due time. But thanks for the info, I will take it with a grain of salt :)

·
Murdered Out
99 Posts

XXR 521 20x8.5 +32 225/35/20 Front, 20x10.5 +30 285/30/20 Rear

No rub issues at all. Shop thought they wouldn't fit but they did.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
Vossen does make some good looking wheels. I've never heard how much they run for though. Any care to chime in? I'm curious.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 207 Posts