Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,028 Posts
I'm so glad you went with 20's instead of 19's.
It was worth it!! You know it bro haha.

·
No, It's not a Tiburon.
412 Posts
I guess I could post mine.
Savini Black Di Forza BM-4 All Matte Black
20x8.5 +20mm & 20x10 +25mm
Falken FK452's 225/35/20 & 275/30/20

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,028 Posts
^ Lower it and it will look like the sex.
<3

·
Registered
195 Posts
I personally find it perfect without lowering it. Although lowering it will give it another look, but without it doesn't make it look bad :) I am also debating whether I should lower my car or just get a 35 profile tires, since I have track model, I believe it is already little lower than other models.

^ Lower it and it will look like the sex.
<3

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,028 Posts
I personally find it perfect without lowering it. Although lowering it will give it another look, but without it doesn't make it look bad :) I am also debating whether I should lower my car or just get a 35 profile tires, since I have track model, I believe it is already little lower than other models.
It does look good, I'm not a huge huge fan of M0AR LOW slammed style, but I do like a little drop to give it a stand out from other cars out there. Stock suspension height gives you the same look as other cars, but giving it even a pro-kit drop gives a good look and a different height.

However, I think apparently the track model's suspension is barely any lower than suspension, but it handles much more stiff.

I would say if you're not going to drop 35 profile tires could give a more filled out look, but a little drop doesn't hurt either!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm so glad you went with 20's instead of 19's.
It was worth it!! You know it bro haha.
Yea..also those hankook V12 tires ride soo smooth, can't hear much road noise on the freeway compared to the stockers. Even at 30 profile, the ride quality is not much worse compared to the stock 45 profile tires...

With 20's your car will sit higher to the ground..so any drop would look much better.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can do 245/30 up front and 275/30 rear and the car should sit a tad bit lower than stock. I have roughly 1.5" wheel gap front and rear currently without lowering.

Debating getting a pro-kit but I'm pretty happy as it sits. Looking at both cars from the rear, my wife's Gen looks like it's sitting substantially higher than mine.

Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I guess I could post mine.
Savini Black Di Forza BM-4 All Matte Black
20x8.5 +20mm & 20x10 +25mm
Falken FK452's 225/35/20 & 275/30/20

Man the rims are bangin!!!! I'm almost jealous, but my time is coming soon!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,028 Posts
You can do 245/30 up front and 275/30 rear and the car should sit a tad bit lower than stock. I have roughly 1.5" wheel gap front and rear currently without lowering.

Debating getting a pro-kit but I'm pretty happy as it sits. Looking at both cars from the rear, my wife's Gen looks like it's sitting substantially higher than mine.

Decisions decisions...
You can always go lower! :p
I say at least a pro-kit drop, it isn't too expensive and it will look GREAT! Handling will possibly feel better too.

·
No, It's not a Tiburon.
412 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking about a pro-kit, but I'm just apprehensive with the idea. Also, after buying the wheels.........I'm a

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
^:rofl: I would at least go w/ a pro-kit. You can usually find a used set in the FS section for about $100.00. That's what I'm running if you wanna see pics

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking about a pro-kit, but I'm just apprehensive with the idea. Also, after buying the wheels.........I'm a
Hey you should say "European American" :D but wearing the term is :gc-smiley-sign-i-ag If some body with a permanent tan says that to you tell them your going to "go an fetch my WhIP."

·
Registered
189 Posts
winter is gonna be here soon, so ill lower it next year, so dont tell me i need to lower it, or how bad it look :D jk feel free to comment

20x9 + 20
20x10 + 25

245/30/20
275/30/20

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,028 Posts
Nice to see this thread back!

I like the wheels, nice addition.
I'm going to be a d1ck .. MORE LOW!
Kidding. :)

·
wants a GC convertible
189 Posts
Just an FYI: I see a lot of guys using 275/30/20 on a 20x10 wheel which is nice to see that they aren't stretching skinny tires onto wide wheels. But for the perfect fit, a 285/30/20 is the optimum (width) fit for a 20x10 wheel. And as a bonus that size is also 26.8" tall which is exactly the same height as the stock tires. The 275 is 1/3" shorter so it will give just a bit more fender gap.

Here is a link to the specs for the popular Hankook tire and if you click the "specs" tab (just under the photo of the tire) you can see that the "measured rim width" is 10" for the 285/30/20 and 9.5" for the 275/30/20.

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag
You can also put the 285 on a 10.5" wide wheel and still achieve the "non-stretch" look

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It kind of depends on which tire you are running if it looks stretched our not. Vredesteins look stretched even correctly sized whereas my new Michelins look very square in the same sizes.

But as motogreg pointed out the correct size for a 10" is 285.

For proper fitment of tires (and ridiculous grip) check out my wheel and tire specs in my signature.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
G4M3R
146 Posts
You're right man... I love when these people think something so minute like an increased Moment of inertia from going to 19's-20's is really going to hurt their performance drastically. Unless your car is purely for the track, I don't see the big deal. Honestly, I do not seeing the MOI changing drastically because you could probably treat the wheels/tires as a cylindrical shell where I=mr^2... I think it was NXXT who said his rims were lighter as well; so the mass would change. Also, the change in overall diameter of the wheels/tires would probably be very small, like you said; overall not amounting to much

lmao well said, I love my gen, but we have "quick cars" not fast... there is a huge difference.. Sometimes people on this forum make it out to sound like we have f1 cars smh....
I am no pro by any means. When I purchased my wheels I knew absolutely nothing. I relied on the seller and knowing all I do now I definately would have taken a different route with size and offset. I would like to drop about 1-1.5 inches but the road are so bad where I live that I am bottoming out as it is. As for performance loss... With stock wheels I ran 8.7- 9.2 in 1/8 mile at track. When I changed the wheels and tires it changed from that to 8.9-9.5 I am no profesional drag racer I do it just to see real world performance with the mods. But personally to lose that time was well worth it for the gain in looks. The smoother ride is gone which people need to realize because of less tire on 20s but I would like to get stiffer springs and maybe takean inch off
heres some older pics of the setup... and btw all I did was add more perforemance parts make up for the loss and now i get 8.5-8.9 and very happy with the speed/power and especially the looks.. forgive typos i on a tablet

181 - 200 of 206 Posts