Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Saaaay whaaaat? (hell yes it does)

Spring drop forthcoming.
Track sits a decent bit lower than the other models so the gap doesn't look that bad.
I can tell by looking at them in the garage that my wife's gen sits higher than mine. I've also measured them from the garage floor to the top of the fender wells to confirm. :)

Having said all that, as part of my job I have to go out to the CEO and company officers homes to maintain their networks..the last thing I want to do is scrape or have an issue on their steep/crazy driveways. Hence no lowering.. (as much as I'd like to)

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Track sits a decent bit lower than the other models so the gap doesn't look that bad.
I can tell by looking at them in the garage that my wife's gen sits higher than mine. I've also measured them from the garage floor to the top of the fender wells to confirm. :)

Having said all that, as part of my job I have to go out to the CEO and company officers homes to maintain their networks..the last thing I want to do is scrape or have an issue on their steep/crazy driveways. Hence no lowering.. (as much as I'd like to)
Talk to 'ol Kamkaze about hooking you up with some bags. Better ride and height adjustable. The only downside is cost...but hell, you can't take the money with ya when you die.

·
F19x9ET-10 R19x10ET-20
1,290 Posts

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts
^ Jizz. In. My pants. :gc-drool1:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Oooo I like the white rimed black centre look on your white GC, side picture please.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Speachless! :eek:wned: No more pictures needed....just omg wow!

And I just wasted way too much time reading through this so I gotta comment. It doesn't matter and do what you want with your cars, but the moment of inertia comments and performance decrease is very real. Most cars are designed with a tire size/weight in mind, cause beyond just the weight, how the mass of the wheel is positioned relative to its center point will all effect the moment of inertia. And the increase in force needed to accelerate the wheel around its center point is surprisingly large (relative to what you might guess). Did a senior design project for ME that centered around an issue such as this.

With that said I am probably going 20's........unless 18's will fit the Brembos?!?!?!? I have a couple inquiries on 19's but there are just not that many nice wheels in that size....I think that was commented on too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
20 inch are good i recently got my 20 inch rims and couldnt be happier. Anyways whos cares about slight weight difference? Driver weight is a bigger factor.

·
Ex-DSMer
3,612 Posts
Not true. Unsprung weight vs sprung. ;) The rotational mass takes a toll, but these really aren't high-performance machines, so it's kind of a wash, IMO.

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Stance SC-5
20x9 E20 - Hankook 255/30/20
20x10.5 E27 - Hankook 285/30/20

Can wait to see some angled shots. I want to see the fitment and how flush they look.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts