Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Installed the spacer yesterday. Thanks again Brandon for the order!

Install went pretty quick, longest part was fishing out the screw I dropped. Quick question though, this morning when I started up for the first 2 minutes when I was in neutral/clutch all the way in then engine would rev itself to about 2k-2.3k, was concerned at first but it stopped after 2 or so minutes. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Installed the spacer yesterday. Thanks again Brandon for the order!

Install went pretty quick, longest part was fishing out the screw I dropped. Quick question though, this morning when I started up for the first 2 minutes when I was in neutral/clutch all the way in then engine would rev itself to about 2k-2.3k, was concerned at first but it stopped after 2 or so minutes. Is that normal?
I think that's normal. I know I have a the 2.0 and not the 3.8 but mine does that pretty much every time. I believe it's to warm up the cats quicker.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shipped to 70808?

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts

·
Obsessed
1,179 Posts
Price shipped to anywhere in the 48 states is $64.99. To order please send payment via paypal to [email protected]. I will also send you a PM in case you don't see this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
See, this right here is why Brandon and GS are awesome. A vendor who is straight forward, up front and honest about pricing, not afraid to post the price for everyone to see and stick with it. And if the part isn't ready, he's not blowing smoke trying to string you along, he says it's not ready. Just wanted to say thanks for that, man.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
How's the wait time lookin so far. Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Maybe another month or so? I'm not sure, really not privy to that infomation haha. I'll see if there's anything new to release.

See, this right here is why Brandon and GS are awesome. A vendor who is straight forward, up front and honest about pricing, not afraid to post the price for everyone to see and stick with it. And if the part isn't ready, he's not blowing smoke trying to string you along, he says it's not ready. Just wanted to say thanks for that, man.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've seen a few instances of people installing the Phenolic spacer between two aftermarket thermal gaskets to help increase the thermal insulation and to give more air volume to the surge tank or intake manifold.
Do you think there's any real benefit to that?

More importantly, could you pm me pricing for 2013 3.8 Track A/T to zipcode 68046?

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Will send you a PM in a bit.

I don't think it's needed since our spacers work quite well, and keep in mind you'll likely need extended hardware if you go that route since it'll then be too thick for the stock bolts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's good. I can save $100 for a PnP job this winter while I'm driving my TJ.
Do you think your Phenolic spacer also makes thermal gaskets for the throttle body obsolete as well?

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
^

Just so we're on the same page; $64.99 is for just the spacer and porting is $349.99.

I think your best bet with the throttle body to reduce heat is to just reroute the coolant lines. Probably would want to undo that in the winter though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to install a phenolic spacer on my 2015 3.8L Ultimate. Talking with the good folks at Grimmspeed, they couldn't be certain they're spacer would fit my 2015. They're spacer is for 2010-2012 3.8L. I asked if the spacer could be modified to fit my 2015, they couldn't be certain of that either. I respect Grimmspeeed's conservative approach, instead of selling me a product that may not be compatible.
However, I really want to install a phenolic spacer on my 2015 3.8L so I can stop warming my coffee on my surge tank. Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Obsessed
1,179 Posts
I'd like to install a phenolic spacer on my 2015 3.8L Ultimate. Talking with the good folks at Grimmspeed, they couldn't be certain they're spacer would fit my 2015. They're spacer is for 2010-2012 3.8L. I asked if the spacer could be modified to fit my 2015, they couldn't be certain of that either. I respect Grimmspeeed's conservative approach, instead of selling me a product that may not be compatible.
However, I really want to install a phenolic spacer on my 2015 3.8L so I can stop warming my coffee on my surge tank. Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.
I don't understand. They have two versions, the BK1 (2010-2012) and the BK2 (2013+). They've had the second version for 7 years now. If you are ordering from their website, when you are on the product screen there is a drop down menu under *Fitment where you would select "2013" for BK2. I have no idea why they would tell you otherwise. We found out very quickly that the upper intake bolt pattern and runner ports were not the same after the early release of the 2013, and they corrected it very quickly. All 2013+ 3.8 intake patterns are the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't understand. They have two versions, the BK1 (2010-2012) and the BK2 (2013+). They've had the second version for 7 years now. If you are ordering from their website, when you are on the product screen there is a drop down menu under *Fitment where you would select "2013" for BK2. I have no idea why they would tell you otherwise. We found out very quickly that the upper intake bolt pattern and runner ports were not the same after the early release of the 2013, and they corrected it very quickly. All 2013+ 3.8 intake patterns are the same.
Thanks JG, I'll go to Grimmspeed and try again with your advice. Us Americans always get it right... after we've exhausted all other possibilities.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts