Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with the hvac. The mostly does nothing. No lights, fan, etc. However, occasionally I'll be driving and the hvac comes on randomly.
I've checked all the fuses I could find related to the hvac and all the plugs I could find under the dash but so far no permanent fix.

I also tried removing and replacing several fuses that looked a little corroded to no avail.

Just so I'm sure, where is the plug for the hvac system? Is it hidden behind the stereo?

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
John

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,252 Posts
The HVAC control on my 2L is the actual module with the buttons. So you have no lights on the buttons? I had to replace mine but it was because the LEDs quit working, buttons still did but I had a hard time telling what was what.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the same issue on my 2010 2.0T Premium. For me, it is the fan that is sticking. I take a Mag flashlight and tap the fan housing (under the passenger side dash) with the fan setting on High, and it comes right on. I've had it quoted for a repair at around $350 to replace it, so I just keep tapping it every time. It is taking more and more hits to get it going lately though, so I may have to bite the bullet and replace the fan soon since I'm gonna drive this thing until it dies. I hope this info helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2011 2.0. I have the same issue with it turning itself on randomly. Doesn't happen often, but I rarely use ac anyway. Windows down in good weather. Rarely drive it in bad. But mine is definitely in the on/off dial. I'll be driving and notice the ac lights are on but the dial is still in the off position. So far just a quick turn on and back off or wiggling the dial slightly without leaving the off position always does the trick. So for sure the switch is wearing out and it's just a matter of time til has to be replaced. Could be urs has gotten to that point already. Also, as far as the plug on the control panel end? It's plugged directly into the back between the dials. It's a huge white thing and not easy to miss. If ur not seeing it then that's definitely ur problem. 😂 If ur talking about where that plug goes on the firewall side, then my apologies for misunderstanding. I have replaced the stereo and had the head unit out several times. I've never noticed any hidden plug there. But then i wasn't looking for one so it's possible. Alright bro Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts