Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 2.0t that I bought about 3 months before it blew up. I was in fifth gear and just almost felt like I hit something and then the engine began to brake slowing me down. I’ve been without it for about 3/4 months and I just wanna drive it again. Not looking for power or anything.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
465 Posts
Put another OEM BK1 2.0T engine in with FBO/Tune.

or

Get a BK2 short block with a BK1 head. Get FBO/Tune and get bigger injectors/turbo.

Those are the easiest things to do. Bottom is safer, more power, but harder to coordinate if you don't do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
genesis sedan 2009-2011
coupe 2010-2012

main difference is the intake manifold.
keep the old motor until the new one is in the car and running, just in case you need to swap stuff over.

when you get the replacement motor, replace the timing chains, BEFORE putting it into the car. it will making things a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
Put another OEM BK1 2.0T engine in with FBO/Tune.

or

Get a BK2 short block with a BK1 head. Get FBO/Tune and get bigger injectors/turbo.

Those are the easiest things to do. Bottom is safer, more power, but harder to coordinate if you don't do it yourself.
BK2 short block is a no go.

pistons are totally different........ ALL direct injection engines have pistons specifically designed for the injectors, and run higher compression.

·
Registered
465 Posts
BK2 short block is a no go.

pistons are totally different........ ALL direct injection engines have pistons specifically designed for the injectors, and run higher compression.
BK2 2.0T is not direct injected, only the 3.8 is.
Yes the pistons are lower compression, you tune for that.
You need a custom tune anyway for the turbo/injectors.

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
BK2 2.0T is not direct injected, only the 3.8 is.
Yes the pistons are lower compression, you tune for that.
You need a custom tune anyway for the turbo/injectors.
oops, what thinking it was the 3.8
getting threads mixed up.

·
Registered
465 Posts
oops, what thinking it was the 3.8
getting threads mixed up.
You are in almost every thread, I'm not surprised you lose track every now and again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts