Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been reading and really cant find anything specifically stating where they came up with the power, so im reduced to asking... where do they come up with the extra HP and torque? is it all programming?

·
Canadian
392 Posts
New twin scroll turbocharger and beefed up intercooler mostly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah i see i see, i just watched a video on the mishimoto intercooler and with a 30hp gain its def at the top of my list. i was kinda hoping to here it was the re programming.. but then again having my computer flashed scares me i dont want it **** with my warranty.

·
central fl. gencoupe club
1,371 Posts
ah i see i see, i just watched a video on the mishimoto intercooler and with a 30hp gain its def at the top of my list. i was kinda hoping to here it was the re programming.. but then again having my computer flashed scares me i dont want it **** with my warranty.
don't forget that the original clutch on the 2009 - 2012 2.0T coupes barely can handle the

stock 223 hp (91 octane)

after a tune and all bolt ons clutch slippage wasn't too far behind

I think our coupes were a science experiment gone bad- at least the first generation

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
This is good to know. As I may be purchasing a 2.0T in the next few years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
meh. i like the center console better on the 13, but not a big fan of the track interior. i like mine better. and as far as the power goes its def cheaper to make mine as fast a 13 rather than to have paid the 13k more than i paid to get the 13

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
lol, this was about he 2.0T and not the 3.8..
no one mentioned the V6

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think there's already tons of options for the 13'. A tune with bolt ons will get u some great extra power.

The stock 13' is very quick already. I beat my friends 06 charger rt with an exhaust and intake.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I think there's already tons of options for the 13'. A tune with bolt ons will get u some great extra power.

The stock 13' is very quick already. I beat my friends 06 charger rt with an exhaust and intake.

So you are stock?

The RT is running in the 340hp range I think.

·
Registered
875 Posts
There are some tunning options out for the 13 along with most bolt ons. The gc is heavy also

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes there are definitely more mods available for the earlier GC's, most of those mods get you up to what the 13 model already has, going all out you can surpass that of the 2013, its been done already. Spending that money for them adds into the cost of the car. You get older car, more mileage and the additional cost of any mods vs a new car no previous owner mileage and the HP is already there stock and you can do mods to it right away and get gains as well. It is a choice you have to make obviously. I liked the option of a new car and a buy back program from Hyundai.

Cheers and enjoy whatever model you get!

·
Registered
999 Posts
meh. i like the center console better on the 13, but not a big fan of the track interior. i like mine better. and as far as the power goes its def cheaper to make mine as fast a 13 rather than to have paid the 13k more than i paid to get the 13
You are comparing a brand new car to a used car. That is a stupid argument. I could buy a $3k gsx and put 13K into it and make more power that the fastest gen coupe and still be $10k cheaper... but in the end i still have a 14 year old car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts