Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my genesis i have a aftermarket system, two alpine type s subs, alpine type r door speakers and two 500 watt amps. About a year ago my iphone 7 completely stopped connecting to the system after about 4 years of working no issue (perpetual connecting until errors out). I have replaced the usb housing in the center console and the cable to connect to the phone but no dice. Has anyone had this issue and discovered a fix? I already checked my connections to the amps and behind the stock head unit itself and everything appears fine.

·
Premium Member
15,910 Posts
In my genesis i have a aftermarket system, two alpine type s subs, alpine type r door speakers and two 500 watt amps. About a year ago my iphone 7 completely stopped connecting to the system after about 4 years of working no issue (perpetual connecting until errors out). I have replaced the usb housing in the center console and the cable to connect to the phone but no dice. Has anyone had this issue and discovered a fix? I already checked my connections to the amps and behind the stock head unit itself and everything appears fine.
The stock stereo has always had this problem, at least the 2010-2011 model IIRC.
If you are using the stock stereo and want to keep it stockish, I would replace it with a stock 2012.
The faceplate of the 2012 is black, but I think you can swap over the 2010 sliver faceplate.

IIRC the 2012 stereo had less of these issues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The stock stereo has always had this problem, at least the 2010-2011 model IIRC.
If you are using the stock stereo and want to keep it stockish, I would replace it with a stock 2012.
The faceplate of the 2012 is black, but I think you can swap over the 2010 sliver faceplate.

IIRC the 2012 stereo had less of these issues.
Yup - I have a 2011 base and the center console connections never really worked right. There was a lot of static and IIRC I had to have USB and 3.5mm connected for it to sound decent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts