Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
2010 GC 3.8 Track 6MT
140 Posts
ok, good to know.

All-in-all, it's become a moot point. We'll either private sell the GenCoupe or wholesale it to CarMax. We committed to a 2016 WRX last night with 36,500 miles. Appears to be well kept and maintained. Still has a smidgen of factory warranty left (until Jan 2021).

The GenCoupe is a class act. I would like to have resolved the outstanding issues, but it's more than I care to invest with no guarantee of outcome. So it's on the block.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry to hear you are moving on but happy you found something you like. Me? I’m still driving the 2010 - now with 145k miles. Chain rattles like crazy for a second or two then clears up. Guess something bad will eventually happen but I don’t feel like forking over $2k to fix it. It’s been a great car. The engine still pulls like crazy and the exhaust sounds better every year 👍.
and the gray paint is nearly as perfect as the day I bought it off the showroom floor. Besides tires, oil changes, and wipers it’s never had a repair. Nada. Still has the original spark plugs! I get 25 mpg around town and nearly 30 on my trips over to Charlotte. Other than both brown seats cushions now torn (Both started tearing around 130k) the rest of the interior looks great. I still get compliments - again, the paint is incredible.
Will be a sad day when I finally move on.
now, if I could only quiet that dang chain.....

·
2010 GC 3.8 Track 6MT
140 Posts
The interior of our GC was in really nice shape except for some of the chrome trim around the shift knob and the console that peeled up. The exterior was a mix. It had some minor hail damage, but the clear coat on the plastic parts was coming off making it look like it had some kind of skin disease.

Yeah, the timing chain combined with that darn water leak was enough to seal the fate of the GenCoupe for us. The WRX has been a delight so far.

Is yours automatic or 6 speed? If manual, do you not have the legendary/mandatory 5th gear scrape?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,781 Posts
I had two of the original shift knobs and they both peeled. My door handles did too. The replacement shift knob won't peal but you need to modify if you want the leather boot to be secure to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The interior of our GC was in really nice shape except for some of the chrome trim around the shift knob and the console that peeled up. The exterior was a mix. It had some minor hail damage, but the clear coat on the plastic parts was coming off making it look like it had some kind of skin disease.

Yeah, the timing chain combined with that darn water leak was enough to seal the fate of the GenCoupe for us. The WRX has been a delight so far.

Is yours automatic or 6 speed? If manual, do you not have the legendary/mandatory 5th gear scrape?
It’s the auto.
GT model.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts