Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a btr tune and as soon as I put it in and drive around I get a cel for p0170 and p2192 but I can put my stock ecu in and no codes will come up after driving for a while. I have fmic, bov, turboback exhaust, and aem cai. Is the tuned ecu messed up? I figured if something was actually wrong it would show up on my stock ecu as well. My car rough idles and will stall out with the btr tune and I tried cleaning my o2 sensors which didnt help at all. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
287 Posts
I recently bought a btr tune and as soon as I put it in and drive around I get a cel for p0170 and p2192 but I can put my stock ecu in and no codes will come up after driving for a while. I have fmic, bov, turboback exhaust, and aem cai. Is the tuned ecu messed up? I figured if something was actually wrong it would show up on my stock ecu as well. My car rough idles and will stall out with the btr tune and I tried cleaning my o2 sensors which didnt help at all. Thanks in advance
Are you saying the car runs fine without the BTR ECU ? If so maybe you got the wrong tune. If not it's possible your spark plugs or something isn't optimized for the tune

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying the car runs fine without the BTR ECU ? If so maybe you got the wrong tune. If not it's possible your spark plugs or something isn't optimized for the tune[/QUOTE]

It runs fine without it yeah but it's just a canned tuned and everything matches to what I needed. Bk1 turn key 91 octane auto trans

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would try another ECU if your octane is correct. I doubt spark plugs or A/F ratio would be that bad if it runs without the canned one. Also how old is the tune? Maybe the ECU itself is just a poor one for your car. Also do you know if the TCU (transmission) is tuned?

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
802 Posts
Did you do the key dance?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would try another ECU if your octane is correct. I doubt spark plugs or A/F ratio would be that bad if it runs without the canned one. Also how old is the tune? Maybe the ECU itself is just a poor one for your car. Also do you know if the TCU (transmission) is tuned?
Im not sure if the tcu is tuned. I bought my car from someone who was paying from a dealer and they didnt know if it was already tuned but I'm pretty positive the ecu that came with the car when I bought it is tuned but the btr tuned ecu is much more responsive and fun to drive so I havent wanted to give up on it just yet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
No, I was just curious about the driveability while moving. Rough idle is tune related and sometimes a vacuum/boost leak.
I saw another thread on here with the exact same codes after he got a tune and it was because the tune wasnt set up for his injectors which I have no clue if I have stock injectors or not but I'm gonna look after work so maybe that's the problem. whoever owned the car before me did a lot of work to it so it wouldnt surprise me if he put in aftermarket injectors

Also the ecu that come with it isnt stock after I read some things on the obd2 it was installed in Oct 2017 and has a different serial number. That would explain why my cel doesnt come on for my exhaust set up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts