Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Locating a used auto transmission and trying to locate date the 2010 switched transmission vendors. I thought it was May 9th but saw recently the 28th of May. Any information would be welcome.

Thanks

·
Advenio Pariter
3,890 Posts
I am not aware of vendors being switched in 2010. The first generation used the ZF 6 speed for the 3.8 and the Nissan 5 speed (build by Hyundai) for the 2.0T. In 2013 the Hyundai 8 speed was used for all auto models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checking on a Hyundai parts page and there was a change of transmissions on 5/28/10 and they have two different transmissions based on that date. I am on the before side of change so much smaller pool of used transmissions to work with. Perfect lol

·
Advenio Pariter
3,890 Posts
Interesting. I know they changed the gear ratio in the differential between 2010 and 2011. I made an assumption it was an auto. Maybe something changed with the manuals. You have got me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I know they changed the gear ratio in the differential between 2010 and 2011. I made an assumption it was an auto. Maybe something changed with the manuals. You have got me.
thanks for taking the time to respond!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts