Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember me from a while ago. I've had my gorgeous 2010 Track manual v6 LRG Coupe since the beginning. Drove 700 miles one-way to pick her up. She was unfortunately totaled last week when a guy on base at Ft. Bragg coming from opposite direction turned left in front of me. $9600 in damage and Geico totaled her. :( I cried all day. She is in really good condition and I just put $800 worth of tires on her which I got 3 months usage out of. They are adding $34 to value of car. Geico is willing to give me $10,200 for her or around $8k and I keep her. I would have to have her towed to Tampa, FL and then storage to keep her as parts. Is this worth it? She is fully loaded with navigation.

Attachments

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
$10k USD is pretty good, I say take it and consider that extra $2000 in your pocket the same you might have made on selling parts minus the value of the time/money you'd spend towing, selling stuff here & there, plus storage expenses.

Always sad to see a rare one go... don't see any LRG or IY around anymore.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response and you are right. I have made so many memories in that car. Road trips, bringing daughter home from hospital. I think "green car" was both my kids' first words. lmfao. She was a part of my personality. I may have a new one tomorrow. I will post pics when she becomes mine. Nothing will ever replace my LRG but this one is a close second. ;)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
What TK said. Unless your a body/crash damage expert with access to a shop to perform the needed repairs yourself it's just not worth the money or hassle. Someone else might buy it at auction and do exactly that giving that great car a new lease on life. Sorry for the loss it looked like a well cared for example.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much agree. I want to build a couple cars, and I have ample storage to do so, but you're not likely in the same position nor similarly inclined for hobbies. So while I would take the $8k and stark scheming, you're way better off with the payout and another cleaner car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts