Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and hopefully future owner of a new coupe. I been looking at a Nord Gray 2011 2.0T A/T Premium Genesis Coupe around my area and found one at WIN Hyundai in El Monte. Talked for a bit today and came down to a price of $28200 OTD. I plan on financing with 10k down, but they're giving me 2.9% APR for 48 months, which I find high as well when I got 0.9% for a 2010 TSX last November. Alas the TSX was totaled 3 weeks later when I got sandwiched on the 105 by an idiot who didn't brake at all.

I walked away from the deal, so I was wondering what you guys and gals think about the offer? I wanted the car for $27700, but I guess I failed at negotiating.

Also, for those living in SoCal, how much are you guys paying for insurance for the car?

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
I paid 26500 otd for my 2.0t premium with extended 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I've noticed that when I'm bought my coupe. It was 24000 noe they're like 26000. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that is. Weird how the price would go up instead of down as time progresses. Is your Coupe 2010 or 2011? If it's 2010, then that probably explains the price difference.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Yea its a 2010. Got it days after it was released in SoCal.

·
배고파
97 Posts
Got my premium for 25800 otd almost a year ago.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got them to lower it $200 to $28k, so I just pulled the trigger and bought the car. Huge wait from the financing guy, but I'm finally an owner of the Coupe. Just when I was about to drive off, a family came in with a son who wanted to buy the car; they were checking it out, but good thing all my paperwork was done by then. They had the satisfaction of seeing me doing something super uncool though, I failed to see a curb on my left and mounted it when I was pulling out. Not my greatest moment.

Only thing I can complain about is that the windows were not tinted and I still have the bumpiness to get use to. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with the car!

·
배고파
97 Posts
congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Congrats!!!

Hope to see you around the SGV. I always thought all the coupes were in the OC.

·
Future GC Owner
11 Posts
congrats! :bigthumbup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice! I don't know how to drive manual sadly...
really?????? dude easy..... i will never buy another auto again.... I have a scion tc auto and its sad how much difference these cars drive...

as to you driving stick... would teach you myself but i kinda like my clutch the way it is :D

·
LakerLand
251 Posts
funny you say you will never buy an AUTO again. well all my cars were manual. i want the GC with AUTO and paddle shifters. I think my knees took enough beating. :) im tired of driving manual, and with all the manual transmission problems out there and traffic i think its the best choice for me. :)

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Now get some goodies for it!

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Reflash ftw!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts