Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Proud owner of a White 11 genesis coupe 3.8 track edition! :hellokitty10:
Love my baby! Focusing more on exterior rather than interior for now ( mods for 3.8 are a bit pricey) its already fast enough for me. Maybe a different exhaust in The future..a Stillen? Any suggestions? :D

Take Care Genny lovers!!:hellokitty10:

·
xFa
446 Posts
grats on your ride. look up some videos of different gen exhaust so you can get a feel of the sound you want. some of these exhausts are really high pitched, or really throaty. make sure your listening to the 3.8s, and when you find a couple that you like, search up the specs on them :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys!
So i waa watching a youtube video of how to remove a spoiler. I dont like mine, And i dont mind having 4 holes in my trunk. Figured i can fill it for a temperary fix with bolts of ome sort. Is there wiring connected to The spoiler that i should be worried about? Good or awful idea?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I need a good exhaust for DD , Something not too loud and not too quiet , has a nice tone , without the Honda exhaust rattling sound ! i have seen alot on youtube , most of them have weird honda sound at 5k rpm , im talking about 3.8's

·
Registered
30 Posts
if i want a deeper tone then the OEM tone , i should just get a CAT back or wont do a difference? full exhaust or catback? just want a deeper tone

·
xFa
446 Posts
Hey Guys!
So i waa watching a youtube video of how to remove a spoiler. I dont like mine, And i dont mind having 4 holes in my trunk. Figured i can fill it for a temperary fix with bolts of ome sort. Is there wiring connected to The spoiler that i should be worried about? Good or awful idea?
maybe try and trade your trunk/spoiler combination with someone that doesn't have a spoiler or holes in their trunk? i would never leave holes in the beautiful genesis!!!

·
xFa
446 Posts
if i want a deeper tone then the OEM tone , i should just get a CAT back or wont do a difference? full exhaust or catback? just want a deeper tone
i went to a custom shop for the same thing. although i want mine really loud..see if you cant find a local place that can do 3" piping for you where the stock 2.5 is...some shops let you keep your stock tips, and they could just do 3" from cat to split mufflers, and 2.5 out to tips.

They can let you hear the different sound options of mufflers as well, if just sound is what you are looking for this is what i recommend. make sure you get a price quote before they work on it, you don't need to spend a fortune on this or you might as well be buying a CBE

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you are looking for sound only, then running some 3" pipe from the cat out to a muffler like a Magnaflow for example, and possibly a resonator(if it suits your tastes) then pick a set of tips or have them slap the stock tips back on. If you want performance I would go another route and there are plenty of those threads you can search for here..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts