Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so im wondering how much lighter is the 2011 3.8 R-spec when compared to the 2010 Track 3.8, i can't seem to find it online anywhere and your thought on performance differences. thankyou :D

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Sunroof adds quite a bit of weight. Other bells and whistles dont add up to much.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Okay, so im wondering how much lighter is the 2011 3.8 R-spec when compared to the 2010 Track 3.8, i can't seem to find it online anywhere and your thought on performance differences. thankyou :D
Dunno, but i weighed mine and certified scales put it at 3420lbs. 30lbs more than hyundai names the 3.8 manual...

·
Registered
134 Posts
i read somewhere that the rpsec is about 300 pounds lighter

·
Original Member Group
310 Posts
Where do they lose the weight? I can't imagine that the weight difference between a 3.8 base is that much heavier than the 3.8 r-spec or the 3.8 track. :confused:

·
Yes it's rear wheel drive
335 Posts
Still have the Fogs. and 1/2 the leather.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
60lb isn't bad considering it doesn't sacrifice basic necessities and maintains the performance parts, i think the best part is the price, had i known this would be available i would of waited. im guessing if you can save 100lb from stock which can easily be done without loads of money or extra carbon fiber products, it should be an extra 10whp equivalent when comparing the power /weight ratio.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What im excited for is the next model, with hyundai developing AWD, DCT, and Direct Injection Engine's for their cars, i can't wait to see what's in store for the gencoupe next.

·
Registered
994 Posts
What im excited for is the next model, with hyundai developing AWD, DCT, and Direct Injection Engine's for their cars, i can't wait to see what's in store for the gencoupe next.
By crippling the bluetooth and removing the steering wheel switches on the 2010 R-Spec,they probably save 3 or 4 hundred pounds.:rofl:

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
The 3.8 r-spec is 115 lbs lighter than the 3.8 track... Incredibly minimal
according to that logic, a track weighs near abouts 3,530 lbs. Where the *#%& does Hyundai get the 3,389 or whatever that they list for the 3.8 manual?

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
also minus the leather, spoiler, fog lights, a basic stereo.
minus cruise control, manual a/c, black chrome headlamp housing & HID, mirror corner lamp

plus camber bolts

2011 black interior trim

If price of Track is same compare with RSpec, I will go with Track.

If you are serious of tuning, the chassis rigidity will be much stronger to build high power engine using RSpec w/o sunroof.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
The price is not the same, by a long shot. The only enhancements I miss are cruise control, HIDs, and the little door that covers the cubby in front of the gear lever. Really, I have no complaints.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts