Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0t: Looking to Start Modifying!

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  aliptz 
#1 ·
Hey everybody,

If anyone has any suggestions about starting to modify my Genesis Coupe (Blathurst Black 2.0t), I am open to suggestions. I am really falling in love with this car already, and have only had it for a couple of months. I am spoiled and this is my first car, but with the loving and adoration of my parents, I have also been told that I can start to modify the car. It is pretty much the one thing in my life that I am OBSESSED with. Anyways, I am looking for anything on the exterior for the car right now (because that is what I am spending the money on first). I already have tinted the windows (70 in the front and driver/passenger window –*the one bad thing about having parents who pay for things, and 5 in the back window and two small side windows), and purchased myself a lovely pair of TSW Nürburgrings (18 inch) in Matte GunMetal. I am looking for some new tires possibly, lowering my car, modifying the front bumper (and back, but front primarily), adding side skirts, modifying the lights through GCTuner, maybe DippedSuperlux LED tail lights, LED side mirrors, and anything else that is going to make my car any prettier than it already is.

Also, taking a poll... Vertical doors? :dunno: Yes, no? Either way, explain why please.

If anyone wants to get a hold of me I am online most of the time to respond. I have no life. :ugh:

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#6 ·
When I purchased the car I actually got the dealer into putting the "wing" emblems with blue and silver-ish stripes on. They were the only Aftermarket ones that the dealership had at the time, and I thought it was better than the Hyundai logo so I took them.

#14 ·
I like the looks of vertical doors, but I personally couldnt pull them off, I think they are for short men...dont ask me why but I imagine either a short asian or a chunky older bald man getting out of the car...I am a tall white chick...dont think I could do it!!

#17 ·
Hey sweet guys, if you have any more advice, PM me and I will add you on Facebook or something. If you live in the Orange County area, definitely get in contact with me because I am just getting into cars (obviously) but I am definitely already letting it take over my life. I don't know if I could race with this car, but it is a good start to learn how everything works and getting to know people.

#18 ·
thats a 2011? good luck getting coilovers to work, springs shouldnt be a problem, but one of the bolts/screws on 2011 were changed from the 2010 so that will decrease the number of companies that will work with it. most of the suspension mods are made for the 2010.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.