Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealership today to see if they had any part numbers for the interior, and they said it looked like same part numbers as the 2010.

I told them the 2011 was suppose to have the new black trims, and the parts guy said no...they didn't have any 2011 GC's on the lot

Curious if anyone has gotten one and can confirm...I checked Hyundai Canada's web site and it says metal grain interior and the pictures say this too :

Looks like it was a US only change???

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I thought i read somewhere that 11s with early build dates had the 10s interior carried over? Not sure though. Maybe it was just a few of them becase ive got an 11 with an early build date but i have 11 interior so :dunno:

·
Canadian Member
515 Posts
I went to the dealership today to see if they had any part numbers for the interior, and they said it looked like same part numbers as the 2010.

I told them the 2011 was suppose to have the new black trims, and the parts guy said no...they didn't have any 2011 GC's on the lot

Curious if anyone has gotten one and can confirm...I checked Hyundai Canada's web site and it says metal grain interior and the pictures say this too :

Looks like it was a US only change???
I've seen 2011's in Canada with the black trim. The other change for 2011 was more interior padding in armrests, etc.

preston_nfs removed his center stack and painted it. Check out the pictures.

·
Señor Member
979 Posts
I saw somebody's at the dealer when I went for an oil change just 3 weeks ago. So its not just a US thing. Im not sure what the guy was talking about but its definitely changed. They probably dont have a lot since the coupes dont sell alot since its winter. Maybe try a bigger dealership?

·
***** Know It All
415 Posts
I was in the dealer less than 2 weeks ago and can confirm the Canadian 2011's are different. The steering wheel trim, steering wheel leather, the console/radio, shift surround, handle accents, and the upper portion of the doors are more soft touch.

·
:B
856 Posts
it isn't just a US thing, i work at a hyundai dealer and every single 2011 i've seen has the black trim. the only difference in the 2010+2011 is that trim going from silver-black, and the door panels are "softer touch" plastic - meaning they don't scuff as easily as the 2010's do

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Someone should also note, that ALL 2011 trim pieces can go to a 2010. However in the case of the door handle trim, it's shaped differently which means you need to buy the whole interior door panel.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, just wanted to confirm whether it was true or not.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen 2011's in Canada with the black trim. The other change for 2011 was more interior padding in armrests, etc.

preston_nfs removed his center stack and painted it. Check out the pictures.
Actually was thinking of this, but a slightly different twist to it...just not really good with a spray can but seeing if I can fool proof it

·
Pshhhhh squared
1,046 Posts
Slightly delayed response, but I was at Alpine Hyundai a couple of Sunday's ago and saw a 2011 3.8, which had the black trim.

·
War Eagle!
705 Posts
I could do without the black trim (its nice, but meh...) I'd love to have the new door panels and steering wheel though. That stuff is nice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts