Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering what you guys would recommend me doing? I bought a 2011 Genesis coupe 2.0 t r spec and a week later the cylinder 3 has low compression. So the mechanic recommended me buying a used engine. But I can only find some around 3-4K .
so I was wondering if instead I should get it rebuilt somewhere with aftermarket parts instead. Would it be around the same price?
I am new to this so I wanted to see what you guys thought.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
177 Posts
So I was wondering what you guys would recommend me doing? I bought a 2011 Genesis coupe 2.0 t r spec and a week later the cylinder 3 has low compression. So the mechanic recommended me buying a used engine. But I can only find some around 3-4K .
so I was wondering if instead I should get it rebuilt somewhere with aftermarket parts instead. Would it be around the same price?
I am new to this so I wanted to see what you guys thought.
Buy a silver or bronze rebuild kit from GenCoupeStore. They are under 2k and will fix your issue. You just need to install it yourself or pay the labour. I'd recommend the latter of the 2 options.

Whichever kit you choose, the car should be capable of 350whp minimum with the right support mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy a silver or bronze rebuild kit from GenCoupeStore. They are under 2k and will fix your issue. You just need to install it yourself or pay the labour. I'd recommend the latter of the 2 options.

Whichever kit you choose, the car should be capable of 350whp minimum with the right support mods.
Thanks you for the comments um yeah I am thinking about that. I am just wondering if it’s worth it as the car has 180, miles on it .Would you recommend to still rebuilding it?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
177 Posts
Thanks you for the comments um yeah I am thinking about that. I am just wondering if it’s worth it as the car has 180, miles on it .Would you recommend to still rebuilding it?
The mileage won't matter if you do a proper rebuild.

Reactions: Jared schuring
1 - 6 of 6 Posts