Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try and explain this as best as I can. Sometimes when I shift between first and second, it feels like the shifter is slightly stuck or much more difficult to pull out of first gear. Every time I shift from first now I always ensure that the clutch pedal is against the floor before I begin shifting and I still feel it occasionally. I even feel it in very slow situations, like in parking lots, I might get to 2k in first, press the clutch pedal, wait a few seconds and then shift into second, and even then it will occasionally feel stuck. I feel it mainly when driving normal, never when getting on it. Anybody else have this issue? At times I wonder if its the flywheel because sometimes I can hear the clacking when I attempt to shift, but at the same time that clacking seems to come and go and apparently its normal. Sometimes if when I go to shift from first, if I depress the clutch pedal faster than normal, I will immediately feel shaking from the transmission, thoughts? This doesn't happen in any other gear.

I also have 2nd gear grabs and bites but from what I've read, 2nd gear is a known problem area, and to be honest it doesn't bother me as much as the first issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get the same problem with my 2.0t 2013. It?s like you need to wait for the rpm to go down a bit before you shift to 2nd. Did you get to fix yours already? The traffic here in the Philippines is so bad that I?m usually in 1st and 2nd gear. So I really need help too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts