Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up y’all, I want to do a front end conversion on my bk1 genesis to the bk2 but I’m not sure if I can just use parts from the bk2 and add them onto my car or if I’ll need to trim parts off and add additional parts to my car. I really like the “aggressive” look of the bk2 and I was wondering what I need to do in order to make it work cause I can get the parts locally from a guy I know who’s parting out his bk2 so all those parts would be oem.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,541 Posts
for the 2.0
radiator support
radiator
AC condenser
intercooler
intercooler piping
hood
bumper cover
crash bar
headlights
some other things I can't think right now

finders are not needed to do the face lift, from what others have said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the 2.0
radiator support
radiator
AC condenser
intercooler
intercooler piping
hood
bumper cover
crash bar
headlights
some other things I can't think right now

finders are not needed to do the face lift, from what others have said.
Are all of these parts needed to do the conversion? Cause I think I’d be able to get by w/o the crash bar, I do think the other parts are important though. I found some videos on YouTube of some guy doing the swap and using the main parts like radiator, support etc. but I also found another one of this guy just trimming some of his rad support on his bk1 and he just put pins on the hood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iirc, need fenders, headlights, hood, bumper and rad support. Not too bad, probably not all that expensive after you sell off the old parts too. So long as you're doing the work yourself.
yeah I don’t think it should be too expensive. There’s some guy locally parting out his bk2 so I can hit him up for the parts and see how much he’s willing to offer for the parts. Haha and yeah I’m trying to do the work myself lol, it doesn’t feel the same when someone else the the work for you.

·
Premium Member
16,541 Posts
Are all of these parts needed to do the conversion? Cause I think I’d be able to get by w/o the crash bar, I do think the other parts are important though. I found some videos on YouTube of some guy doing the swap and using the main parts like radiator, support etc. but I also found another one of this guy just trimming some of his rad support on his bk1 and he just put pins on the hood.
If you get into and accident, any kind, and you want insurance to pay, thenthey find out "safety equipment" is missing, your insurance isn't going to approve anything. Being that removing safety equipment falls under FED regulations.

This is the reason why if you remove the rear seats, you have to have the seat belts still there, to have it street legal

Also this is for the 2.0t, the bk2 has a significantly larger radiator and intercooler.
The way the bk1 2.0t is setup, is junk.
And the ac condenser needs to match the size of the radiator, otherwise its going to be a PITA to get things to fix properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts