Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
If it's under what Dynojet software gives you as standard format, whp and torque lines must cross each other at 5252RPM as numbers are based off of Horsepower = Torque * RPM / 5252.
If it's not manually or forced to be scaled, it will give the graphs like our print outs.
However, looks some companies do play with dyno graphs (see some dynosheets posted on the page 12) neatly on the same graph to making it look like it's smoother or using 3 different individual graphs sizing the each graph as I've posted above (Hence why our graph may looked like it's loosing a lot of torque but that's the nature of small displacement motor/turbo).

Something I've posted in the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woONQePQNA8 (it starts around 11:20)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
If it's under what Dynojet software gives you as standard format, whp and torque lines must cross each other at 5252RPM as numbers are based off of Horsepower = Torque * RPM / 5252.
If it's not manually or forced to be scaled, it will give the graphs like our print outs.
However, looks some companies do play with dyno graphs (see some dynosheets posted on the page 12) neatly on the same graph to making it look like it's smoother or using 3 different individual graphs sizing the each graph as I've posted above (Hence why our graph may looked like it's loosing a lot of torque but that's the nature of small displacement motor/turbo).

While thankfully, you were not referring to mine, I still have to question this:

In that image, I took my client's graph and laid it out as yours, shrinking the AFR curve and putting both torque and HP on the same graph

Why does my client hold +280hp after 7k?????

Mods;
93 octane
full exhaust
intake

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
This is typical results we get from the cars with intake/exhaust/91 octane (Same day/dyno that Dancewithturbo got his done)

As Dancewithturbo mentioned his car still had stock end back muffler which was very restricted to start with yet his car is still making over 270whp at 7k.
Not sure what your argument here is :dunno::D

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
Everyone really needs to chill. WE ALL know you cant compare 2 different cars on 2 different dynos with 2 different mods on 2 different days. Both GC tuners are professionals so y'all really need to quit questioning their every move. If you think you can do it better than by all means tune it yourself...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
This is typical results we get from the cars with intake/exhaust/91 octane (Same day/dyno that Dancewithturbo got his done)

As Dancewithturbo mentioned his car still had stock end back muffler which was very restricted to start with yet his car is still making over 270whp at 7k.
I can barely see the numbers in that sheet, but if it is then :)

Everyone really needs to chill. WE ALL know you cant compare 2 different cars on 2 different dynos with 2 different mods on 2 different days. Both GC tuners are professionals so y'all really need to quit questioning their every move. If you think you can do it better than by all means tune it yourself...
http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discussion-2013-up/287177-definition-files-2013-2-0t.html

And that is why that ^ thread exists.

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW! If you people think that a dyno graph like this is an actual representation of power, you need to read up on sensor baud rate/ sample rate/ ect. I would start by asking questions like, How where you sampling engine RPM? Inductive? Optical? OBD port? Also, Is this an Inertia dyno? or have a brake? A graph like this is very common (with bouncy lines) only because of the fact that the sensors are not rated at that high of a sampling rate. All dyno software has a "smoothing" feature that will average the data. Read up on sampling rates. Dynojet is possibly the cheapest hardware/software available. This is why it is so common.

The ONLY numbers that mean anything are the AFR's. I am not going to do the chemistry here because no one will understand. An engine will make the most power when volumetric efficiency is the highest.

Please stop comparing anything on this thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I am Interested in having u guys custom tune my car. Will you guys be having any dyno events in the south this year..? I live in Georgia but willing to drive to get my genesis tuned.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Runs were done in 4th gear and the weather conditions were accounted for in the results. Dyno was a mustang dyno so assuming a 15% lower result when compared to a DynoJet, I'm at 230whp and 300wtq.

My AFR's show that I'm running pretty rich right now, where it drops to 10.1 I lose a bit of power. Mods are listed in my sig. Time for a tune!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here's the video of the dyno run.

·
Registered
108 Posts

I have a question (yes im a noob) is this with or w/o a tune? (i think im gunna answer my own question but...) cause i think the 13' redlines just under 7k right?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Back story:

I was tuned last year with a magnaflow catback that actually goes down to 2.5" piping in the midpipe, I had a secondary cat, I had problems with my BOV at times, and I was on Shell 91 octane.

Last year Stage 1 result: 248whp/293wtq.

This Year:

I went back yesterday and I recently noticed my car was being sluggish, so I decided to put in Petro 94 octane (I ended up getting tuned on 94 octane).

Exhaust switched to DC sports full 3" catback, 10fintec testpipe to remove second cat, BOV repaired, colder spark plugs, and 94 octane as mentioned.

Baseline run: 266whp/319wtq.

So... i gained 18whp/26wtq just from removing the second cat and better gas effectively - FYI for those of you looking to get tuned in the future!!!

If I'm honest... I didn't expect to get too much more from the tune today since I had apparently already gained so much from these minor changes (also considering dyno error and stuff of course)

TUNE RESULTS:

Well... let's just say I was wrong. Tuner got to work and I actually asked him to max it out (not to dial it back for safety buffer as he usually does). I am sure that my results are a reflection of the 94 octane (definitely recommend it for those of you that have easy access to it) and I am happy that I decided to go with it for today.

And the final numbers:

298whp and 334wtq

Needless to say... I am very happy with my tune and a huge thank you to both the tuner and 10Fintec for getting this done :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice results, David. Is yours the most powerful auto on the board now? Wonder what kind of numbers you'd see with an O2 housing. I'd like to do a 94 octane tune as well, but would rather not run fuel with ethanol in it...hence why I stuck with Shell 91 :(

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks guy - I think I am the highest hp stock turbo AT at the moment, but I have seen better torque numbers with the 02 housing. Would like to see what the results would be... but I don't think I would retune unless I went bigger turbo haha.

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
Like a champ. The '13's and up have a beefier clutch than the '10-'12's.
Hasn't slipped or anything. Holds the torque just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys, writing from Argentina. I intruced myself to the forum about 2 months ago when i bought my '13 GC willing to get some info from all u experienced with this car (as here in my country there's almost no tuning/mod for it yet). After talking with Btr to get a pre-tuned ecu from the usa , i decided to start locally as the car inmobilizer was a bad point to make the ecu swap an easy thing as I needed the ecu security codes to flash the new one (I dont know how to get them and hyundai here did not help me either). Finally I chose one of the most regarded tuners in vw/audi here and ask him to help me (was a good project for him to know the car and maybe start considering a GC development as it the car was introduced with great feedback here).

Going to the point, this is our first dyno after working/learning the ecu. Was made last wednesday with 72F temp and mid humidity. It compares 3 tests:

1 white line 100% stock
2 blue line with k&n sri + turbo back exhaust (both cats removed) + ngk 1step cold spark plugs but stock ecu
3 red line same bolts on as in 2 but with improved boost and ingnition tables

Although the image displays spanish I can translate for u so 2nd column shows the flywheel hp, 3rd shows wheel hp and pre-last the torque in Kgm (multiply by 7.2 to get lb-ft). Tq curve is in a 2nd pict i didnt upload but at least u can see the peak and rpms.
About boost, we are running 18psi peak (think 15 is the stock so we are 3 above) and the major gains were achieved improving the ignition tables more than the boost as we are not confident on how far we can go with the boost having bone stock engine and here is were u guys can help us due to ur lot more experience with ur cars and local tuners (i mean i dont know how much boost btr/sfr/others uses for their stages 0.5/1.0/1.5 or even 2 but as an example if they run 20psi with no fails, then we can try 19 confident in our next test and see how it goes... then 20 and so on...)

Well now it is time to collect suggestions!!! Let me say I am really happy about being part of this great GC forum having you as our mentors for our novice personal project. Thank u all and hope u can help us. Have all of u a nice day! Regards from Buenos Aires and ur welcome to visit us whenever u want.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i wonder what my auto dynos at compared to sketched's, i mean how much less power would i have without the IM and just a canned tune

·
Registered
989 Posts
i wonder what my auto dynos at compared to sketched's, i mean how much less power would i have without the IM and just a canned tune
1)Grab a $100
2)Go to your local performance shop
3)Find out your cars whp/wtq

281 - 300 of 356 Posts