Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
After getting a custom stage 1 tune. What would be the effect of installing the one step colder plugs without being tuned for it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
After getting a custom stage 1 tune. What would be the effect of installing the one step colder plugs without being tuned for it?

Potentially lower performance or fouled plugs. You need to read your plugs to see if you really need a step colder. With Stage 1 you shouldn't need them, I have run Custom stage one for 25,000 mi now on stock heat range plugs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
True. Would you say that the longevity of the plug life is reduced with a tune?

·
Registered
70 Posts
BTR Stage 3 377whp/357wtq
ATP O2 - Tsudo dp/catback - gt3076r - synapse turbo mani - injen cai - 93 octane

Dynojet
60 degrees
800 ft
5th Gear

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to get a canned tune from BTR and your torque numbers are well below what they have advertised. This makes me wonder if I should just go with the stage 2, since Ill have a full turboback setup and youre just missing the o2 housing.

·
Newb level: Expert
427 Posts
I want to get a canned tune from BTR and your torque numbers are well below what they have advertised. This makes me wonder if I should just go with the stage 2, since Ill have a full turboback setup and youre just missing the o2 housing.
Different cars have different effects with the tune.

My Stage 1 BTR Canned tune made 285whp / 317wtq. :dunno:
But if you have the full TBE then it only makes sense to just go stage 2.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Here's mine from 2/22/2015 with SFR and Jay :).

Baseline is 001 on SFR canned 1.5, 4th gear pull.

Final tune is 007 4th gear pull and we also did a 5th gear pull on 5th gear to see the difference in gear pulls.

This is the 2013 2.0T Auto.

·
Registered
221 Posts
nice numbers

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Oh. right. 2013 dyno sheets

Predator Dual Plenum intake manifold
billet 19T stock frame turbo
93 + meth

GT3071R
stock engine
stock fuel system
93 + meth

billet wheel 19T
93 + meth

O2 housing
93 octane

Billet 19T
Built engine
93 octane

Automatic
intake/exhaust (full turboback)
93 octane

I have more sheets in the Dyno Sheets album in my page, which I can't link here because Autoguide

·
Registered
4 Posts
New guy here and wanted to share this.
Took my 100% BONE stock 2013 Genesis 2.0 to jay yesterday for a dyno tune, this is the results.

4th gear
SFR's mustang dyno

Stock
231 hp
256 ft-lbs

After tune
262 hp
275 ft-lbs

thoughts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
New guy here and wanted to share this.
Took my 100% BONE stock 2013 Genesis 2.0 to jay yesterday for a dyno tune, this is the results.

4th gear
SFR's mustang dyno

Stock
231 hp
256 ft-lbs

After tune
262 hp
275 ft-lbs

thoughts
Sounds about right. I made 273/284 bone stock + BTR custom tune so accounting for variability in the cars and dynos I'd say that is right on with what mine was. Custom stage 2 brought me up to 319/356

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh. right. 2013 dyno sheets

GT3071R
stock engine
stock fuel system
93 + meth
How are you getting the torque to stay so flat??! Is the intake manifold the secret? Different cams? Headwork? I think the 3071 is going to be my eventual turbo for this car. :D

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
How are you getting the torque to stay so flat??! Is the intake manifold the secret? Different cams? Headwork? I think the 3071 is going to be my eventual turbo for this car. :D
The block is completely stock, so you can eliminate cams and headwork, lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I take it you are still running all the cats and the stock exhaust and intake?
Yes 100% factory

Sounds about right. I made 273/284 bone stock + BTR custom tune so accounting for variability in the cars and dynos I'd say that is right on with what mine was. Custom stage 2 brought me up to 319/356
Don't know what stage 2 means in regards to parts but well done.
I'm happy with my numbers and the way the car feels.
Jay told me the mustang Dyno is called The Heartbreaker dyno.
he told me it reads lower than most dynos and my research shows that to be true. The car Feels much better all around especially in the top end, feels like a real sports car

Overall I am impressed at this car even before the tune I realized its different, its spunky and all it wants to do is just go.

So glad I picked this car up

301 - 320 of 358 Posts