Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.0T Base model Cnt V3 catback,turboxs Rfl bov,Vibrant Resonator
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could use some help if anyone has experienced this thank you in advance.. also at idle boost gauge shows its at -5psi ive checked hoses there all plugged in..

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,297 Posts
-5psi = ~10 inches of Hg vacuum so not bad, though should be at 15 or higher on a warm engine. Vacuum leaks?

What BOV are you using?

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
recalibrate ECU with new throttlebody... or one of the 2 MAP sensors are bad.

Code is a MAP value to throttle body correlation error, code

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you im thinking the sensors are bad. I triple checked all lines an hoses everything good gonna go get both sensors tomorrow, hoping thats the problem car isnt in limp mode no cel either but is idling around 1k

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
recalibrate ECU with new throttlebody... or one of the 2 MAP sensors are bad.

Code is a MAP value to throttle body correlation error, code
Where is other map sensor not the one by throttle body other or is there a picture you could show me i ended up replacing the map sensor next to throttle body. boost gauge still showing its sitting on -10psi at idle

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
One on the intercooler piping before the throttle body.
One on top of the intake manifold.

They "look" the same, but are different. The one the intake manifold has the intake temp sensor built into it.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,297 Posts
Your reading of about -10psi at idle spot on at what it should be. That gauge is next to worthless. 3.75 psi per tic?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your reading of about -10psi at idle spot on at what it should be. That gauge is next to worthless. 3.75 psi per tic?
Thank you so i replaced both map sensors checked for a vaccum leak but cant find anything..i went on a test drive after replacing both sensors let car warm up idle sounds fine i did one small pull an the turbo is spooling but right when im hitting boost around 10psi the car starts to kinda buck like turbo is choking or something i checked the intake still like new from when i bought it..im starting to think it could be the bov? Because it isnt as loud as it was before either when i let off gas.. do any of you think the bov could be reason? Its a turbo xs Small that was on car when i bought it..

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
Thank you so i replaced both map sensors checked for a vaccum leak but cant find anything..i went on a test drive after replacing both sensors let car warm up idle sounds fine i did one small pull an the turbo is spooling but right when im hitting boost around 10psi the car starts to kinda buck like turbo is choking or something i checked the intake still like new from when i bought it..im starting to think it could be the bov? Because it isnt as loud as it was before either when i let off gas.. do any of you think the bov could be reason? Its a turbo xs Small that was on car when i bought it..
When was the last time you changed your spark plugs, what were they gapped to, and what brand spark plugs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When was the last time you changed your spark plugs, what were they gapped to, and what brand spark plugs?
Rn im at 108k i had them changed at 90k densos the previous owner had autolites in smh but the gap was out the box..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So i figured it out i met up with another 2.0 owner to buy a bov off him an ask him a few questions..long story short after taking him on a short drive he thought maybe my spark plugs so we checked them an one of my coil packs cam out in pieces near the spark plug so we replaced plugs/ that one coil that i had replaced before an she is back boosting again thank you both for the help much appreciated.🤝

1 - 16 of 16 Posts