Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine produces this noise when I give it gas… The video is kind of self-explanatory… Thank you for any help that comes my way...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The wirrr sounds electric, but also mechanical. I would check the alternator or any other parts that can spin independently from the engine after you have reved it. (essentially check parts with built-in clutches)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I turn the wheel, it momentarily reduces in volume....kinda like putting your finger on a record to slow it....
Everybody saying check that idler pulley ....right now

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought and installed a new Idler Pulley......Nope! still making noise......Ordered a new alternator for Advance Auto Parts for $150....Soon as I get it, i'm taking it to Hyundai to get installed....Right now there is a 50% off labor discount because of the zombievirus....?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally fixed the issue !

After changing the idler pulley, noise was still there....everybody and their mother said it was the alternator.....I used a steel rod pressed against my ear (like a stethoscope) and the sound was coming from alternator so I had mine changed out and noise is gone....

I did notice that when I fill up my tank it says 330 miles left as opposed to what it used to say (280 miles).....I guess the system was reset or maybe it was the battery being disconnected....

New alternator ($149 from Carquest)
Installed at Hyundai $586.00

$740 Total.....

Thats with a 50% OFF LABOR coupon.....which is a TOTAL SCAM being that its capped at $150!!

oh well, i do feel content in the work the stealership does .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Glad to see it's fixed. You went the scenic route..lol but your updates will/should help a fellow owner out.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts