Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
when i test drove a 2014 2.0t like a year ago it did it but i didnt think much of it

·
2015/White/3.8/Automatic
266 Posts
I have 2015 3.8 auto. I dont think mine does THAT. I do notice though that if i use the paddles to downshift multiple times i notice the car is slow to respond and lags a bit before downshifting kicks for a few seconds in which is kinda annoying. Also if YOU put it in manual it wont shift until you do it or it redlines. I scare myself sometimes because i dont notice im in manual at a light and hit it when the light turns green and all of the sudden WWWWWAAaAaHhhHh oh **** im in 1st gear manual lol back to drive then back to sport!

Good luck with fix

·
Registered
330 Posts
I believe this is what everyone is concerned about. It happens on my Canadian '13 3.8GT as well. The revs hang around 3k rpm but if given enough time, will go down. When you hit a bump in the road that would normally slow the car down a bit, you can actually feel the car respond with gas. No acceleration past the speed that you hit the bump at. It almost feels like the ECU is trying to simulate a very gradual deceleration. This only happens in sport mode with the paddle shifters. The annoying thing is that it doesn't seem to do it if you don't pass the 3k rpm mark. It will engine brake below that though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4O0y07-sE

·
Registered
719 Posts
I believe this is what everyone is concerned about. It happens on my Canadian '13 3.8GT as well. The revs hang around 3k rpm but if given enough time, will go down. When you hit a bump in the road that would normally slow the car down a bit, you can actually feel the car respond with gas. No acceleration past the speed that you hit the bump at. It almost feels like the ECU is trying to simulate a very gradual deceleration. This only happens in sport mode with the paddle shifters. The annoying thing is that it doesn't seem to do it if you don't pass the 3k rpm mark. It will engine brake below that though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4O0y07-sE
Thanks for the vid...and that is WEIRD!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine sometimes does this is 1st gear regardless if using the shifter or paddles. Will not acknowledge 2nd gear is being toggled and stays in 1st. Since they have a ECU update to fix the issue I'll get them to do so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My '13 auto has never done this. Only annoying thing it does in manual mode is keep it in gear in 1st when coming up to a stop until the last second before deciding it wants to go to neutral.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i noticed this when i drove a 2014 2.0T auto

·
Registered
2010 3.8 gt manual, lowered and straight piped. Come get me EPA
1 Posts
So, I've had my car at the local dealership about a half dozen times since last July to get the rev hang issue fixed. With my 2013 3.8 Track Auto, when using manual mode, the rpm will hang at 3,500-4,000 with my foot off the gas pedal, on level ground for 15 or more seconds. It would have continued even longer but I needed to hit the brakes to stop. It does this consistently after it's warmed up. There is absolutely no engine braking when I down shift, and I have to fight the engine with the brakes in order to stop the car. The techs at the local dealership experienced the problem, and one of them was so alarmed that he wrote it up as "unintended acceleration" in order to get Hyundai to take notice. I just spoke with the service manager this morning, and he said he was told by Hyundai that this is normal for this car - they all do it. Well, if they all do it, obviously, they all need to be fixed! Does anyone on this forum have a 2013 3.8 auto that cruises on a level road at 3,500,4,000 rpm for more than 15 seconds with their foot off the gas pedal? Is there a TSB or a class action law suit? If Hyundai won't fix this, I'm going to look into a lemon law buy back, because this rev hang is so severe and absolutely ridiculous. It takes all the fun out of using manual mode, and it's a waste of gas and brakes.
Mine does the same thing but at about 2k revs in 1st and 2nd. I'm a high functioning moron most of the time but a regular moron when it comes to manual transmissions considering its the first one I've owned. I feel you on the brake issues

21 - 28 of 28 Posts